Love at first swing

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not an "ask the experts" but as my original thread was here about buying a 19 degree G5 hybrid...

It arrived today and off to the range we went. What a beauty it is - they look so easy to hit to my eye and first shot was a stunner - great trajectory and pierced through the strong headwind. Just kept swinging and winning and loving it. Then picked up it's rather naughty G20 "cousin" (or would it be great grandson??) - anyway I digress. So the G20 has always been a struggle and of late woeful is being kind. Stepped up, swung it and a stunner - shocked into temporary stupor but quickly rolled up another ball and smack - same result. So on we went smiling, swinging and winning :thup:

I think the unruly one is learning from it's new threat in the bag :cheers:

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice to hear,never got on with the G5 series myself,I am currently scouring ebay for a 24 degree G10 hybrid to oust my 4i. How is the face on the G20? I thought the G15 was very closed and I hooked the bejesus out of it.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nice to hear,never got on with the G5 series myself,I am currently scouring ebay for a 24 degree G10 hybrid to oust my 4i. How is the face on the G20? I thought the G15 was very closed and I hooked the bejesus out of it.

The G20 is as offset as the G15 and I much prefer the whole look of the G5/G10 hybrids. Weird kind of shape to the others and just don't look as easy to hit to me. Having said that it seemed a heap easier after the G5 showed it how it should be done!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was total crap on the course today - this flipping game eh?!

Back to the range tomorrow before playing to get it firing again...

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
i find playing it nearer off the front foot clips it nicely into the air. more sweep than strike.

It's weird as I picked it up thinking "here we go" and topped it! Hit some ok with it but nothing anywhere near as good as every shot on the range yesterday. I know what I can do with it though so feel confident it will be a good friend to me.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
you'll soon find it. could be stance causing you some problems. the flat range vs uneven course can take a little time to work out how you like to hit a club.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
you'll soon find it. could be stance causing you some problems. the flat range vs uneven course can take a little time to work out how you like to hit a club.

Yes was just thinking about that and also possibly coming up a bit - keen to see how well it went!! It seems so much easier on the range to stay through the shot.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Enjoy the new club. You can hit it, so only takes a bit of time and practise on course. Funny how things can be so different on course. More variables I guess.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
id say we are a bit more tense on the course as you only get one shot at attempting the shot. you could not be any more relaxed when at the range with a bucket of balls.

Slicer30

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Same thing happened with my latest addition - mizuno CLK hybrid.

First range session was unreal, was laughing out loud at how easy it was to it. Booming it out there with ease.

4 rounds later and I have hit one good shot with it. Guess its maybe expectation or desperation that it goes as well as the first time.

Hope you find the sweet spot with it