Lost property

The Gentleman

Medal Winner
Visit site
Sorry if this has been discussed to death but I think I just paid £15 on ebay for my TM head cover that I lost on course (not my own club and mentioning no names) a month ago.

Do you always hand in 'stuff' that you find during your round to the pro shop?

I do and would never think it ok to play finders keepers with fellow golfers equipment.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I always hand stuff in from clubs to iron covers,

I have lost clubs on the course a few time and have always got them back although one did take 3 months because it was picked up by my PP who put it in her bag and forget about it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'll always hand something in, even if its an iron cover....
It's sad that it happens but many people are turning to the dark side and the "finders-keepers" mentality is growing.

By the time they've paid their fees they've made a dozen or so quid.....is it really worth it..?

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have found gps, clothing, clubs, covers always handed in! The only thing I won't hand in, is a brand new (1hit) pro v1!

G

guest100718

I have found gps, clothing, clubs, covers always handed in! The only thing I won't hand in, is a brand new (1hit) pro v1!

Ive found phones, clubs etc..all the usual stuff, but I may leave an iron cover where it is....

Thexindi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sorry if this has been discussed to death but I think I just paid £15 on ebay for my TM head cover that I lost on course (not my own club and mentioning no names) a month ago.

I do and would never think it ok to play finders keepers with fellow golfers equipment.

Yes same here always hand things in, most expensive thing I handed in so far was a phone.

Id like to think if I lost something someone would hand it in so I hand them in to

alexbrownmp

Head Pro
Visit site

many threads on this, do a search.

If you seriously thought it was YOUR lost headcover why did you buy it?

The Gentleman

Medal Winner
Visit site
many threads on this, do a search.

If you seriously thought it was YOUR lost headcover why did you buy it?

The seller wasn't going to give it to me for free. If it was mine, i believe in karma and the seller will get his comeuppance (hopefully a 10 on the 18th of his club comp!). I may be a man of principles but my hybrid looked naked without its head cover.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The seller wasn't going to give it to me for free. If it was mine, i believe in karma and the seller will get his comeuppance (hopefully a 10 on the 18th of his club comp!). I may be a man of principles but my hybrid looked naked without its head cover.

And proving that it was yours in he first place would be more than a tad tricky....

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
by enlarge Ive got things ive dropped handed back.

dropped my scotty head cover a few times and always, got it back. Mizuno irons covers have been dropped and handed in.

Only thing that wasn't was a brand new GG gortex hat, never got the chance to wear it:(

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Always hand stuff in don't I Ads749r!

Do unto others and all that and would hope if I left something out there people would hand it in. No always the case but you have to try and keep your faith in fellow golfers being decent sorts

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Same here. Over the years I've found everything from head covers to clubs and recently a GPS device. Will always hand them in. Perhaps it brings good karma as in the past I've left a few wedges beside bunkers etc. but have always had them returned to me.

You'd need to be a bit of a git not to I'd say.

SVB

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

I have even handed in a lost Pro V (happened to be the Asst Pro's with his logo on that I found in the cabbage, apparently he'd 'given some to a junior' - likely story!).

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
In the last few months I have found a 9 iron, two 8 irons, a putter and a pair of designer sunglasses, all which went straight back to the pro shop. Felt sorry for a guy a couple of weeks ago who was circling the course in a buggy searching for his rangefinder. Felt like saying "Try Ebay in a few days time" but it didn't seem appropriate at the time.

drew83

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Would never even consider keeping anything found. As a bit of an OCD freak nothing gets forgotten/lost but should it ever happen I would be fuming if it didn't get handed in.

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have always handed in anything found, have lost my putter headcover too many times to mention, but someone has always handed it in.

Had an odd experience playing away in a mixed open last year.

A third of the way round, one of my PPs noticed he didn't have his sandwedge in the bag. Concluding that he must have left it on the practice area he decided to pop into the pro-shop as we went past it after the 9th to see if anyone had handed it in.

The good news was, it was there, but he was quite suprised to find it for sale in the shops "bargain bin"!!!!