Lost Ball

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had one come up today, played my second shot on a par 5 and have no idea where it went my playing partners were not looking so did not see either.

The question is what is the rule with this and where do you take your next shot from?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Back as near as possible to where the previous shot was taken from with a 1 shot penalty, so playing your 4th.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thought it would prob be the case thatns very much.

If you never saw it off the club face (low sun etc) then you can take another and declare it a provisional in case you do find your original ball. Saves time and face traipsing back to the spot where you hit the last one from!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Bit off of your partners. We have a couple of holes which pay directly into the low sun on a Saturday morning and we all make sure we look for each others balls on the tee shot and approach as its impossible to follow the flight

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bit off of your partners. We have a couple of holes which pay directly into the low sun on a Saturday morning and we all make sure we look for each others balls on the tee shot and approach as its impossible to follow the flight

I agree and get seriously narked if they can't be bothered to at least try and track it!

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have to admit i was a little anoyed, was a really nice hit and i'm sure it was in the rough around 40 yards shy of the green but then again there are two ponds there too.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of my major bug bares when playing with new people. I'll watch everyones ball until they are not polite enough to return the favour, then I won't even bother taking notice of there shots. I'm generally a happy go lucky person but its narks me something rotten.

sona

Assistant Pro
Visit site
One of my major bug bares when playing with new people. I'll watch everyones ball until they are not polite enough to return the favour, then I won't even bother taking notice of there shots. I'm generally a happy go lucky person but its narks me something rotten.

It would more than nark me.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
if you think theres a danger of not seeing your own ball you can politely ask your playing parnter to keep an eye. you cannot really blame someone for not looking out if you havnt asked them. the sunlight was there before you played your shot. if theres any doubt then ask. :)