Lorry drives through crowd in Nice!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Just waking up to this, absolutely disgusting news, a large truck drove into the crowds celebrating Bastille Day on the famous Promenade des Anglais mowing down and murdering 80, many of them families with children!

The truck is now being reported to have had guns and grenades on board so this could have turned into something a lot worse than it did had the driver not been shot behind the wheel of the lorry as quickly as they did!

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Terrible terrible incident with many children among the victims.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the 80 or so dead , their families and the many more that were injured.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh it's sad, disgusting etc etc. Just exactly when are France and the World going to sort these terrorists out? It's not good enough to keep on saying how awful these people are, threats must be made and carried out. This has gone on long enough. Good grief the amount of venom spat out on the EU thread and this happens and it's all, ooo how shocking, awful, sad. We shouldn't tolerate this anymore. People know about these terrorist and every effort should be made by the community to hunt them down and have them deported. No trial no nothing . Deported to Syria. Boarder tightened for non residents of a country. I would go as far as complete refusal to allow entry with immediate effect. It has gone on long enough !!!! It's time for action before it's too late.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh it's sad, disgusting etc etc. Just exactly when are France and the World going to sort these terrorists out? It's not good enough to keep on saying how awful these people are, threats must be made and carried out. This has gone on long enough. Good grief the amount of venom spat out on the EU thread and this happens and it's all, ooo how shocking, awful, sad. We shouldn't tolerate this anymore. People know about these terrorist and every effort should be made by the community to hunt them down and have them deported. No trial no nothing . Deported to Syria. Boarder tightened for non residents of a country. I would go as far as complete refusal to allow entry with immediate effect. It has gone on long enough !!!! It's time for action before it's too late.

Sometimes their own families and people closest to them don't know what they are up to, it's not that easy. You can't possibly know who is going to do what next.

Many of these people are just 'normal' people that wake up and decide one day to go out and kill. No direct ties to ISIS just nut jobs radicalised by what they see and hear on the net. Impossible to stop IMO.

I think the only solution is for Western govts to change their foreign policy and stop meddling in other people's affairs.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The French President is again standing up to the terrorists with his big words. DO SOMETHING YOU USELESS CLOWN!!!!! The peasants will revolt if you don't! Check your history books. Oh, and have a look over the channel pal.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
truly horrific, saw some pictures on twitter that really should not have even been taken or shared online. Tragic event on Frances biggest celebration when most will have been having an amazing time. Was in Nice last month before the football and its a lovely place, now sadly scarred forever after this.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It seems to me a lot of these are being carried out by French citizens of north African descent, how you deal with it when it's your own I don't know.
I pity the world my children inherit

D

Deleted member 15344

The French President is again standing up to the terrorists with his big words. DO SOMETHING YOU USELESS CLOWN!!!!! The peasants will revolt if you don't! Check your history books. Oh, and have a look over the channel pal.

Do you really think people are doing nothing ?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Do we know any facts about the attacker yet ?

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My thoughts on this are that it seems ISIS are getting desperate and their ability to function is becoming more reduced on a daily basis with increased intelligence and losing the "ground war" at "home". I would guess that they would have wanted to do something while the Euros were on but couldn't so they resort to stealing a lorry and carrying out such a hideous attack . It's given them the global shock and coverage they want and need but as horrendously shocking and heart breaking as it is , it seems desperate to me.

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk

Why Syria? It's being reported the guy was from Tunisia. The London bombers were from Leeds and the home counties.

Bar entry to who? the people with T for Terrorist tattooed on their forehead?

I understand your outrage and indeed share it but the only way to "sort this out" is to create a world where we don't have thousands, perhaps tens of thousands of individuals who believe (and I mean really believe) that to do something like this is the right thing to do. No easy task but the one thing we must do is to uphold our Western values of democracy, decency, respect for individuals and the rule of law. If we don't do that then we are descending to their level which is exactly what they want. We have to keep doing "business as usual" in the face of these atrocities, because we are better than the ideology that creates them (and I mean ISIL etc not Islam).

Bomb them and they come back tenfold.....think we tried that once didn't we? The only answer long term is education and bringing these countries out of their medieval existence and into the modern world. That will take time, maybe a long time, but I believe with globalisation it will inevitably happen perhaps within a couple of generations. We may have to endure many more attacks in the interim but to react by abandoning our own principles would be a step backwards and solve nothing.

U

User62651

Terrible events last night, France is getting hit very hard by terrorism.

No easy solution alas, hate to say it but this will keep happening until Iraq/Syria/Afhanistan/Libya/Tunisia/Algeria/Egypt etc etc are back under oppressive military dictatorial rule and the western forces clear out, only way to keep control there. Israel needs to ceed land back to Palestinians too. Saddam/Ghaddafi/Assad and their ilk were/are better than the current situation, at least for us, and probably for their own peoples too. Digitally the web needs to somehow get policed better from within those trouble areas by their own regimes too, controlling propaganda and communication of troublemakers. Will they be Police states? - Yes but that's the only way to exercise any kind of societal control over there it seems.:(