Looking at getting some new wedges

Chris1986

Medal Winner
Visit site
Cheers mate ill have a read. My divots are quite shallow I'm using the Tm Rac wedge at the mo 52deg 8bounce and 60deg 7bounce
Does that sound about right. I don't really feel confident with them

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Cheers mate ill have a read. My divots are quite shallow I'm using the Tm Rac wedge at the mo 52deg 8bounce and 60deg 7bounce

If you're only taking shallow divots I would think you have the bounce about right. If you're taking a very skinny divot, by this I mean just brushing the surface, then you may be able to get away with lower bounce. I'm a bit of a digger when it comes to taking a divot so I have mid boune on all my wedges.

I did try a 58* with only 6* of bounce but the depth and size of the divot was insane.

When I got fitted for mine, the chap who fitted meadvised that if I could see the roots of the grass on the bottom of the divot they were about right. If it's solid turf and no roots, you need more bounce.

Does that sound about right. I don't really feel confident with them

Why the lack of confidence?

T

thecraw

Wedges are as individual as putters in my opinion.

You'll know what you like and want as soon as you pick it up!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Wedges are as individual as putters in my opinion.

You'll know what you like and want as soon as you pick it up!

Agree with this, I went through a few wedges cause they were the ones to get ie Vokey/Cleveland/mizuno etc but as soon as I picked up a TM ATV wedge with its straight leading edge it just suits my eye, if you like the look it can only help your confidence and thats a major part in wedge play