Lob Wedge for under £40???

kevster84

Head Pro
Visit site
I am new to the sport and enjoying it a lot. I have a set of clubs which includes a 56 deg Lynx sand wedge. I am looking for a lob wedge 60 deg but as money is tight it needs to be under £40. Has anyone got any recommendations for this budget? Is the sand wedge only usable in bunkers or can it be used anywhere?

kevster84

Head Pro
Visit site
Waste of money at your stage.
You've ignored the best advice on here so far (#3) but hey ho, it's your money.

I haven't ignored that advice, I was responding to post no. 2, and whilst doing so, post no. 3 came through!

kevster84

Head Pro
Visit site
Not to worry bobmac.

It does seem good advice, I just didn't want to be limited when I was out on the course, however I have coped OK on the par 3 and 9 holes I have played on.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It does seem good advice, I just didn't want to be limited when I was out on the course

If you spend half of your £40 on a wedge lesson, you will learn there's not a shot you cant play around the greens with your 56. And far from being limited, you'll probably invent a few new shots of your own.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Lessons are king. you could send a pro out onto a course with a bagful of 5 irons and you could have 20 different clubs, Id still wager the pro wins. Golf is a game of percentages, I dont listen to myself half the time but do know I play my best when I accept my limitations.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you spend half of your £40 on a wedge lesson, you will learn there's not a shot you cant play around the greens with your 56. And far from being limited, you'll probably invent a few new shots of your own.

+1. Don't know why you would need one. It is most likely the hardest club in the bag to hit right.

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree with saving your money. I've never come across a situation where I though the only way out was a 60 deg wedge. Just learn to open the face of your 56 and you'll be laughing