Liverpool

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
The new Mrs Fragger and myself are making a whistle stop in Liverpool tomorrow morning after a couple of days around Chester.

So who can suggest a 3-4 hour tour itinerary ? Including a lunch stop

Over to you guys ?

D

Deleted member 16999

3-4 hours once you’ve parked the car or 3-4 hours including travelling in to and out of the town?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Why not stay at home but jack your car up, take the tyres off and then lower it back down on to some bricks. Find some spotty little Herbert to give £5 to look after it for you though.
Then put the clip of Harry Enfield's "Scousers" on the TV and then spend the next two weeks saying "calm down calm down" to everyone.

Or I am stereotyping in any way? ;):ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 16999

3-4 hours isn’t very long, hence why I asked, parking up in Birkenhead and getting the ferry over isn’t a bad idea if it’s on route, you could easily spend the 3-4 hours on the ferry across then staying around the Pier Head/Albert Dock area, plenty to see and do in that time around there.

If it’s shops etc for hid’s? Then again with the time restraint head straight to Liverpool One, and she can shop silly plus plenty of places to eat, grab a pint etc.

Really depends on what you want out of the 3-4 hours.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The World Museum and Liverpool museum are quite decent. Wander around The Albert Dock. End up at Liverpool One for something to eat, loads of options there.

By the time you have done the above your time will be up.

Don't bother with a Beatles tour, big old let down.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The new Mrs Fragger and myself are making a whistle stop in Liverpool tomorrow morning after a couple of days around Chester.

So who can suggest a 3-4 hour tour itinerary ? Including a lunch stop

Over to you guys ?
Shopping or sightseeing.
Ferry over is a good idea ( put your coat on on the boat) as parking is a bit expensive in Lpool1.
Albert dock is nice and the museums are close.
Just over the dock road is Liverpool 1. Short walk.
But I would suggest some of the smaller pubs for a drink and a bite to eat loads of them.
4 hours isn’t really long enough to see the city sights they are to spread out.
Enjoy the city.

D

Deleted member 1740

Check the ferry times before parking in Birkenhead, I'm pretty certain they’re on a reduced timetable. There’s plenty of on street parking around town.

There‘s plenty to see, the museum’s, St. George’s hall, Albert Dock etc.

PhilTheFragger

Visit site
Check the ferry times before parking in Birkenhead, I'm pretty certain they’re on a reduced timetable. There’s plenty of on street parking around town.

There‘s plenty to see, the museum’s, St. George’s hall, Albert Dock etc.

Yeah the ferry goes from Seacombe to Pier Head only, times checked and they have free parking there

Cheers chaps

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Why not stay at home but jack your car up, take the tyres off and then lower it back down on to some bricks. Find some spotty little Herbert to give £5 to look after it for you though.
Then put the clip of Harry Enfield's "Scousers" on the TV and then spend the next two weeks saying "calm down calm down" to everyone.

Or I am stereotyping in any way? ;):ROFLMAO:

Wow, 5-6 things said, none of it original, none of it funny.

Any mother in law jokes?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Whats yours and your missus bag, Phil?

Get the ferry over.

15 minutes walk to William Brown street which has the world museum, Central Library (have a walk around it even for 15 minutes, especially the Hornby room) and the Walker Art gallery, you can also see St. Georges Hall or have a walk around it, and a little 10 minute sit down in the gardens behind it. A bevvy in Dr. Duncans, right by it.

Walk down Dale street, have a look down Castle street, many eateries here, and can also sit out and eat at the moment. Walk down water street, you'll then see the Liver buildings - Liverpool 360 tour is very good (only about an hour), Port of Liverpool building and Cunard building. Liverpool museum is very good, possibly also free, then you are right by the Albert dock, good to walk around, have a drink/eat and also Tate Liverpool there, maritime museum and the international slavery museum.

Ferry is only 5-10 minutes walk away from the Albert dock.

You would see Liverpool's great buildings, all nice streets to walk around, pubs, bars and restaurants all over. Tonnes of museums, visitor attractions, some of which are free but just good to have a mooch, and maybe note things to do if you come for longer next time.

Anything else, just holler.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I really enjoyed my time in the city, did a few city breaks there based mostly around Liverpool One area. Things are a bit spread out so 4 hours isn’t really a lot.

Agree with the ferry over and back, then just walk the docks and grab a bite in L1.

PhilTheFragger

Visit site
Well what a great day
Parked at the Seacombe Ferry terminal and were on the pier head outside the Liver Building at 9.10

Quick wander round to the Cavern Club. Grab a tea at a greasy spoon and into the Museum of Liverpool for opening time at 10.

Lots of interesting stuff there

We were booked into a tour of The Liver Building at 11.15 ( Thanks to Peter (liverbirdie) for the heads up) it was really good, great views and perfect weather

After that my carer wanted to hit the Tate Liverpool, well not my cup of tea, but hey ho, some seriously weird stuff in there
But is it art?

Then grab a panini, wander round the Albert Dock and back for the 3 pm ferry
home around 7 and a fish supper

Thanks everyone for their suggestions ?