Liv golf banner

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The world of golf is against the Saudi funded golf series.
Should Golf Monthly be accepting money in advertising? Should they not make a stance on human rights grounds?
I would certainly think twice about buying the magazine if this continues.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The world of golf is against the Saudi funded golf series.
Should Golf Monthly be accepting money in advertising? Should they not make a stance on human rights grounds?
I would certainly think twice about buying the magazine if this continues.

I honestly think they have no option but to support the series, if LIV are choosing the forum as a platform yet the DP don’t why wouldn’t they. Long term this could be a big opportunity for the Gm group in both publishing and digital advertising revenue.

However, it would be nicer if it was a little more subtle

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I honestly think they have no option but to support the series, if LIV are choosing the forum as a platform yet the DP don’t why wouldn’t they. Long term this could be a big opportunity for the Gm group in both publishing and digital advertising revenue.

However, it would be nicer if it was a little more subtle

No morality issues for you?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No morality issues for you?

Morality is a strong term and one I feel is being thrown around loosely. I far from agree on past human rights issues with SA, that being said I do believe they are trying for change. As I made perfectly clear in the other thread, the more the sporting world educates the rest of the world in what’s gone on then I do believe it will force change. Maybe I’m just gullible?

GM were in a lose/lose situation here IMHO.

Either way there is more than enough threads on the SA Situation and o shouldn’t be rubbishing another, it would just be nicer for the ad’s to be less overpowering and that’s the same for all pop up adds that GM have had both past and present introspective of the company being advertised.