Littlestone Golf Course

NobbyNobbs

Hacker
Visit site
Hello all,

Thanks so much for the tip, had a great time indeed! Will post my experience elsewhere, (and what a tale), but here's a couple of pics:

Littlestone17thTee.jpg

View of the 17th tee (and a terrified practice swing)...

1stAce.jpg

..as well as my happy face after my first eagle, by way of my first ace on the 6th :D

Craig

YES!

ps: Thanks Bobmac for the 'how-to' post

NobbyNobbs

Hacker
Visit site
Hey smiffy, I could try!! Far too excited to notice at that point :D
We at least waited 'til we were off the green before doin' a little dance!

Here's a couple more:

c420153c.jpg

This wasn't the deepest one of the day!

e5859653.jpg

Look, no trees...
Craig

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Well done on the hole in one. Still waiting for one after 38 years. :(

Don't worry about grumpy Smiffy, he is just jealous about all your hair. :D

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I thought that you wern't allowed to play Littlestone without having your shirt tucked in!!

Chris

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nobby

Many congratulations - from memory that Par 3 is no pushover as, although it is relatively short, falls away on both sides and the back withn a pretty narrow entrance. A good shot is required!

I have been playing for 25 years without a sniff at a hole-in-one...and I was single figures for about 2 years!

Glad you enjoyed Littlestone - always had a good game there whatever the weather - and that 17th tee shot is pretty frightening and always into the wind!

NobbyNobbs

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks for the replies folks...

Snaphookwedge, indeed was scary looking at it. The flag was sorta front-right, which IIRC meant that a little right would be in a deep bunker. Since my recent couple of lessons i've been catching more irons sweetly, and this was certainly one of them.. As for the 17th, snap hook of the tee, and not much fun from there. The tee was a nice spot tho'!

I'm aware the chances of getting an ace are low, but you folk make my smile bigger... I'm sure that'll be my last, until the next one at least ;)

Maybe there's a question for another post.. Par 3; Eagle chance (*) or best bet for par? I always felt the latter, but no doubt my head will be thinking other things on Par 3s for a while.
(*) Obviously you don't expect them all to go in, but if your aiming for the pin, you're aiming for the pin, and eventually one will drop, right?
(If only golf were that simple).

I thought that you wern't allowed to play Littlestone without having your shirt tucked in!!

Chris

I find that having my shirt tucked in can be uncomfortable when going commando!! :eek: No, kidding, I don't want to put you off your dinner, i'm just a scruffy get!

Again, thanks so much for the comments, even if I've shown myself up in the first 2 photos I've put up :D

Craig.
(**) I've been reading too much Pratchett!