Little insight please!

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Evening all,

Just need a little help.....Iv been to the range and back and as most know i spent the last 8 weeks in a cast and im now in my shoes.....
The leg is very stiff and whats happening when i swing is that i need to roll my left ankle to get my heal off the floor in the back swing.....Something that i never needed to do....I know that Jack Nicklaus advocated rolling the ankles but im wondering does anyone else do this and is it a bad or good thing....

The thing is that i wont have full use of this leg for the bones of 6 months or so and there isnt a snowballs chance in hell its going to keep me off the course.....

So is it something that i can keep doing once i get the use of my leg back or should i just use it now while i have to....

It seems that i cant really stay centered over the ball like i would normally do...It feels like im moving the weight right then left which is taking a bit of getting use to...But its hard to keep the head still while doing this.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sounds like you are swaying, not turning. Do you normally lift your heel? Can you not keep your feet planted and turn from the hips? Was it your front or back leg that was hurt?

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds like you are swaying, not turning. Do you normally lift your heel? Can you not keep your feet planted and turn from the hips? Was it your front or back leg that was hurt?

Front leg this time Dave.....Its way too tight to keep it planted and will be for at least 6 months or so until i can lengthen the tendon through stretching and exercise.......
Im not really swaying all over place....Because if i was im sure that i would see it in my shots....

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok. Try not to roll the ankle if you can. Will cause all kind of problems. Lifting the heel should be ok, to help take the strain off your foot. Just been trying both ways in the lounge. She's looking at me as if I am daft. Sorry if I'm a bit slow using my phone. PC bust.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
you are overcomplicating things

your body will accomadate short term issues - just swing

I should add that I don't have much feeling in either leg/foot, and neither calf muscle works at all - the real issue wasn't any of this, it was ignoring it all!

Last edited: