Lithium batteries.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Lithium trolley batteries have been popular now for about 5 years. When I first bought mine I did wonder wether it was going to be worth spending so much money on a battery but as my old lead acid type weren't lasting more than a year and a half I think my lithium has paid for itself now. 5 years old now and working perfectly every time. Just wondering how everyone else's is doing, anyone had problems or heard any horror stories.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Had my lead one for the motocaddy from new. Nearly five years and still goin strong

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Quick question on these batteries!

about to put my trolley away for winter do I have to do anything to the battery as it will not be used until mar-Apr next year ?

thanks

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

about to put my trolley away for winter do I have to do anything to the battery as it will not be used until mar-Apr next year ?

thanks

mine wasnt used for 5 mths when i broke my ankle, just left it in the cupboard, have now recharged it and its as it was before

HughJars

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

thanks

It'll lose a smidgen of charge with non-use. I switch to carrying from now till April, so bring battery out every month or so to top up again. Do I need to? Probably not. As others have said, my 27 hole battery now 5 years old (Motocaddy) and still does 36ers easily.

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
I've had a non-lithium 18 hole battery on my motocaddy for over 6 years now and it's still giving me 18 holes. You just have to look after it.

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i have 2 lithium electric trolleys, a motocaddy which tells you to remove charger when fully charged, but the powercaddy tells you to leave on charge all the time until next use. I cant see why you have to leave the battery plugged into the charger when full charged.