Lets shine a light a-mid all the crap currently going on

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
It's been so sad to watch and must be so hard for Rob and his family. He was a player I've always admired, even though I'm not a Leeds supporter. A player who never gave less than 100%, took on players far bigger than him, an excellent footballer and a great career for both club and country. The speed that it has taken over him is distressing to see. I have nothing but admiration for the way that his team-mates, and other clubs and players, have come around to support him.
My heart goes out to him and his family.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Rob Burrow was one of those players you wanted to hate because of the damage he'd do to your team, but couldn't help but admire because he was so damn good. The expression "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog" was made for him. Never shirked a tackle, it is absolutely heartbreaking to see what this bloody disease has done to him.

Good luck to Kevin Sinfield & the team, and thanks for the heads up Dave (y), donation made.

www.hiltonpark.net
As a one time Leeds season ticket holder who watched Burrow make his debut and followed his career from beginning to end I've really felt this story. There was so much to admire about the way he played, his attitude to the game and his tenacity. This bloody disease is so cruel, as a dad of 2 young kids myself I cannot imagine the distress he must be feeling at the thought of the future of his family after he's gone.
What is heart-warming is the way Sinny and others in the RL have rallied around and the amount they've done is exceptional. I've donated to a great cause

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Lost a friend to MND earlier this year. It has to be the cruelest disease there is. Truly awful.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Back on track, over £552,000 now, :)(y) wonder if showing it on BBC Breakfast this morning helped?

He's had some vile weather for it. :(
BBC breakfast have done a good job on this. They've followed the story for a while, not just told a story and then left it.

Apparently marathon number 3 was the fastest of the first 4. On Friday they decided to slow down so that they had legs for the last 2 in particular ?. Remarkable effort.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
I went and got a proper haircut this morning for the first time in a while, and it was on screen but muted as they had music (a loose term) on. I might have to see if it is on catchup.

Fair play to Auntie if she has. (y)

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Local community face book post from one of the food bank volunteers reduced me to tears this morning.
Simple little appeal for a pair of size 10 school shoes for a 12 year old boy. They had a pair at the food bank but they were 'old guy' shoes which were happily accepted. The volunteer was then worried about the boy getting laughed about at school.

We do have some lovely people working for nothing to help others and for 52 weeks a year, not just for Christmas.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I would agree that the BBC have done a tremendous job covering this. Not just on Breakfast but on their website and also on the documentary they did. A tremendous show of friendship and support from Kevin Sinfield. Again a great player and now showing to be a great friend and man. I have to admit to shedding a tear or two watching it this morning. The money raised for MND is now at £1,014,300 and apparently money has flowed in since the further coverage this morning.
Well done to everyone involved in this and thoughts to all those suffering with this dreadful disease.
All those moaning because they can't get out for a drink, or a game of golf, or anythingthing else of that ilk, things like this put it into perspective. Our inconveniences are short-term. Their suffering goes on.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I would agree that the BBC have done a tremendous job covering this. Not just on Breakfast but on their website and also on the documentary they did. A tremendous show of friendship and support from Kevin Sinfield. Again a great player and now showing to be a great friend and man. I have to admit to shedding a tear or two watching it this morning. The money raised for MND is now at £1,014,300 and apparently money has flowed in since the further coverage this morning.
Well done to everyone involved in this and thoughts to all those suffering with this dreadful disease.
All those moaning because they can't get out for a drink, or a game of golf, or anythingthing else of that ilk, things like this put it into perspective. Our inconveniences are short-term. Their suffering goes on.

Well said.

Blue in Munich

Visit site

There must be something doing the rounds, I appear to have caught it as well...