Let at centurion

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Apologies if it's detailed elsewhere, but i couldn't spot it.
Does anyone know if this event is taking spectators, and if it is how one might get tickets? Can i just rock up?
Neither is obvious (to me) from the centurion or LET sites.

sunshine

Visit site
I went to this event on the Saturday with my three daughters and they loved it.

Very sparse crowd which meant it was easy to wander around and get close to the action. I noticed that quite a few golfers didn't even have caddies which was surprising but understandable given the bubble restrictions.

The team format over complicated things, I didn't really follow it, but the golfers seemed to enjoy it. Having one amateur in each group was awkward: it's ok as a pre-tournament pro-am, but not great having a guest amateur hacking around with the group at the business end of the tournament, while the leaders are focused on the win and there is a crowd watching. The amateurs generally looked nervous and embarrassed.

The field had some quality players and we followed Hull and Hall among others. We also saw some decidedly average golf... One group in particular I assumed was at least three amateurs after watching shanks, three putts, duffed pitches. Turns out those shots were all played by pros!

Pace of play was refreshing. Very little dawdling.

My kids enjoyed the golf simulator room. And we had great fun on the Zen putting matt, which can be tilted to create putts of different breaks and speeds.

Overall a fun day out - can't compare to the intensity of a major but really enjoyable.