Votes: 13 21.7%

• Total voters
G

guest100718

The odd one here and there. No point in having them to often

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I voted regularly, but in reality it's only regular over the winter when I make any changes to my swing.

The rest of the year I play with what I worked on the previous winter :thup:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I started seeing a pro this year and hitting it better than ever. told to just play the rest of the season then come back in winter and we would work on the next piece in the jigsaw.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Had a 20 minute freebie when I first joined a club in '93 - since then...nothing paid for.
Had the odd pointer here and there but no formal lessons.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I started seeing a pro this year and hitting it better than ever. told to just play the rest of the season then come back in winter and we would work on the next piece in the jigsaw.

A surprisingly rare (at least down South) but appropriate recommendation for a Pro to make!

There's not an option for my approach - had them and know my tendencies, so can 'fix' them myself and would sooner spend the cash on playing/tinkering!

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had them regularly to work on the swing, and then things went slightly wrong, so had a break from the game. Starting to get the enthusiasm back and the will to play, so got one booked for sunday to try and get me back to 7 months ago when I was striping it. Normally the winter time is the time I have lessons to work on bits and pieces to move me forward

D

Deleted member 1147

I have one every so often, more a service & MOT than specific lesson plans.

gdunc79

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have only ever had one (a few months ago after playing for 20+ years) but it was the best thing I ever did for my game. If only I could justify the cost of regular lesssons I would have one every week.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Voted regularly as went to a new pro who was recommended. He has changed my swing quite a lot and made me much more consistent. I have now had one every six weeks for four lessons but will probably leave it for a few months now.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had a few as a kid (25-30 yrs ago now) but went away to work on it myself so not had one since. I mostly know what goes wrong these days - generally the same stuff that i forget to do - and mates who know me well also point out the odd flaw.

Get all my knowledge from reading books/articles/web - there's a wealth of stuff out there. Not much new in general terms, was recently reading Vardon's 'How to play golf' and loads of it resonates with todays thinking. Lot's of wedge and bunker based stuff has moved on though and we're much better placed to learn now.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have them regularly (about every 3 months and maybe every 6-8 weeks over the winter). Quite happy with what the pro does for me and seeing a big change in my game especially in terms of consistency in 2014. Got a few layers and faults to strip away over the winter (head movement, loss of spine angle) but so far so good. As I've said many times before happy to plough my own furrow and do what I feel is best for my game and limited ability.