Leicester Lockdown ?

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Still trying to work out where the boundary is, but think I am just outside. My golf course is further out so should be ok to play ?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A lot of people are stating one of the reasons for the high level of cases is the large amount of non English speakers in the area so the lockdown message wasn’t fully understood. What’s the betting the government haven’t done anything about getting the message across better this time?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A lot of people are stating one of the reasons for the high level of cases is the large amount of non English speakers in the area so the lockdown message wasn’t fully understood. What’s the betting the government haven’t done anything about getting the message across better this time?
There are a number of reasons given, meat processing plants, sandwich factory, large numbers of people living in one house, high density of terraced houses. Language, I'm not convinced by. Surely the message has been so widely spread that people can not be aware. If language is an issue, what languages do we need to translate into? How many languages are spoken in the UK? Do we translate into all? Is there no responsibility on people to speak the language of the country they are living in? (yes this also applies to Brits living in Spain, France, Portugal etc) I know that's a bit Daily Mail but people have to have some responsibility for themselves.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I get why the Government are doing this but it is blatantly obvious that people will flout the rules. We have seen how irresponsible the British public can be so people from Leicester will just drive to neighbouring towns to shop, drink, eat and get their hair cut.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure I see how this will work? Surely, if shops etc in Leicester have to close again (& bars/restaurants don't open yet), then presumably people will just travel to somewhere where they are open? Taking the virus with them? Or are they going pen everyone inside the Leicester boundary. Yeah, right...
Edit: just seen D4S's - same principle - except I dont think theres anything to say folk aren't allowed to travel. (Or is there - have I missed something)

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not sure I see how this will work? Surely, if shops etc in Leicester have to close again (& bars/restaurants don't open yet), then presumably people will just travel to somewhere where they are open? Taking the virus with them? Or are they going pen everyone inside the Leicester boundary. Yeah, right...
Edit: just seen D4S's - same principle - except I dont think theres anything to say folk aren't allowed to travel. (Or is there - have I missed something)
Since it's so obviously not going to make a blind bit of difference (surely even Hancock recognises this), I wonder if it's just being done to encouager les autres before the general relaxation on saturday?