League 1 Playoffs - The excitement has begun!

MKDave

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just wanted to share the fun and games I'm experiencing as an MK Dons fan on the day of our second leg against Huddersfield.

So I've come into work 3 hours early in order to be ready to leave in time to get to the Galpharm for tonights game. My Dad, who is driving us tonight, was due to visit a client in ipswich straight from dropping me at work. All being well he'd be back just in time to pick me up and head off up the M1.

I get a text from said father to advise me "I've broken down, just waiting for green flag to tow me to Bury St Edmonds" I promptly run out of the office for a smoke and to ring my dad to find out the situation with his lovely 59 Plate E class. From his description it sounds like it could be his clutch but he was still waiting to get to a garage and find out whether they could fix it sharpish or if he needed a courtesy car.

Turns out the car wont be fixed today so he's now waiting for his courtesy car which is due to arrive to him by 1pm in order to get back to me in MK to set off for Huddersfield.

I just hope the car gets there in time for us to be able to see the game tonight!

My colleague convince me this is a sign warning me to miss the game.

Please hurry up courtesy car!! I want to witness the Dons mighty comeback :(

Big_Rick78

Head Pro
Visit site
Sorry mate, but I think Sheff Utd will go up anyway, well I hope they do, being a Pompey fan, they're probably the strongest team left in the league, so less competition for us next year. Huddersfield will lose Rhodes soon, so they are nothing to worry about next season.

MKDave

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sorry mate, but I think Sheff Utd will go up anyway, well I hope they do, being a Pompey fan, they're probably the strongest team left in the league, so less competition for us next year. Huddersfield will lose Rhodes soon, so they are nothing to worry about next season.

I'll be a fratton park next season IF we don't go up.

I've watched alot of football this season and would serious fancy us doing sheffield united WHEN we get to wembley! In that case I'll have to go to the reebok :)

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
was a bit gutted last night, Stevenage were poor and not ready to go up. My boys really had their hopes up as they go to games a lot and being able to see them in the Championship would have been great for them.

Not bothered who goes through now tbh so if its MK Dons then good on them :)

MKDave

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
was a bit gutted last night, Stevenage were poor and not ready to go up. My boys really had their hopes up as they go to games a lot and being able to see them in the Championship would have been great for them.

Not bothered who goes through now tbh so if its MK Dons then good on them :)

Yeah i was dissapointed with them over the 2 legs. I had an interest on them in both games because I thought they were overpriced at 6/4 home leg at 4/1 second leg (well 15/4)

Freeman should have distributed the ball better, seemed like he was trying to use the games as a platform to another club maybe?

Regardless what they've done last few seasons is very impressive. There's a reason no one's bagged 3 consecutive promotions ;)

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
without a doubt, the ground would be a joke in the Championship & the team would probably get walloped every week.

Enjoy the game tonight :thup:

Shanks a lot!

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We're gonna stuff the MK Dons tonight, just got a feeling! 3-0 to Town, then we're gonna hammer the Blades in the final.
COME ON TOWN!!!!!

Shanks a lot!

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You obviously know very little about us then. Best chairman in the league by a mile, and even if we lose Rhodes, the money will be there for a quality replacement. If Lee Novak was to play up front on his own he'd easily bag 20 goals a season.
Our underperforming midfield has cost us dearly this season by not contributing enough goals, and generally being crap. Can't wait until the summer clearout of the dross like Antony Kay, Anton Robinson and Scott Arfield. We've already got rid of Joey Gudjohnssen so that's another waste of space gone.
Will Portsmouth even be able to get through the season without going into administration again?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Huddersfield's manager Simon Grayson has experience of winning the Div 1 playoffs when he took Blackpool up to the Championship in 2007.

Shanks a lot!

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Huddersfield's manager Simon Grayson has experience of winning the Div 1 playoffs when he took Blackpool up to the Championship in 2007.
And not forgetting getting Leeds promoted too. Top guy and probably the best man for the job, just a shame some of our short-sighted fans fail to see that.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Commiserations to the MK fans who made the journey.

We lost the leg but won overall. Not a brilliant display of football from both teams. The Town fans certainly raised the roof and created a great atmosphere. Town got the crucial 1st goal which gave us a decent cushion. Have to say MK played some decent passing football at times. Town seemed nervous and lost a lot of fluidity. Definitely didn't play as good as we did on Saturday but glad I went. Came bloody cold in the 2nd half too!

Very nice to see some of the MK fans applauding the Town team doing their lap of honour afterwards. There are some decent football fans out there! :clap:

Now it's an all Yorkshire final between us and the Blades. We have, shall we say a bit of experience in the play offs, some successful, some not.
I really fancy us against the Blunts. Should be a cracking day out at Wemberlee!!!!

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched it at the hotel in Oxford......there were 2 screens....in one room there was a guy by himself........I said...."before i sit here and watch the game.....are you supporting MK or Huddersfield?"....he said "I'm from Huddersfield"!!.....he knew my best mate..............small world....

Looks like it's going to be a great final .......a classic Yorkshire derby.....

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
good man DDD are you going on Saturday? I have my ticket.

Well done to Huddersfield! hope it doesnt turn out like last season for you.

MKDave

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well we made it to the game.

VERY tired this morning but enjoyed watching the Dons give it a good go last night. LOVED Smithy scoring too :)

Congratulations to Huddersfield and all the best in the final.

Shanks a lot!

Assistant Pro
Visit site
MK Dons were superb last night and probably deserved to go through to be honest, they completely outplayed us.
We just seemed really nervous and it showed the longer the game went on, and if there was another 5 minutes to play I have no doubt they'd have scored again.
But saying that, i'm chuffed to bits we are through to the final, and really fancy our chances again Sheff Utd.
Well played Dons, and best of luck next season, hopefully we won't be in the same division!