LAG and rotation drills?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Went to try some new blades (didnt like them but thats another story) and partly because I havent been on a course for nearly 3 months my swing was very flippy and I was launching a 6 iron in the 20* 21* bracket and AoA down at 1.4 to zero, combine this with a hip slide and the results were bad, very bad:eek:
The fitter took one swing with cold hands and AoA at 4.1, launched at 14* and it looked like a proper golf shot.:lol:

I left quite dissallusioned with my swing and realised I need to work hard these next few weeks..............SO

What are the really good LAG drills out there combined with hip rotation? (theres a zillion on T'interweb) but I'm looking for tried and tested ones that make sense.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Went to try some new blades (didnt like them but thats another story) and partly because I havent been on a course for nearly 3 months my swing was very flippy and I was launching a 6 iron in the 20* 21* bracket and AoA down at 1.4 to zero, combine this with a hip slide and the results were bad, very bad:eek:
The fitter took one swing with cold hands and AoA at 4.1, launched at 14* and it looked like a proper golf shot.:lol:

I left quite dissallusioned with my swing and realised I need to work hard these next few weeks..............SO

What are the really good LAG drills out there combined with hip rotation? (theres a zillion on T'interweb) but I'm looking for tried and tested ones that make sense.

There are some good drills on lag on the entry page to the forum showing as the top 5 golf power tips

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
There are some good drills on lag on the entry page to the forum showing as the top 5 golf power tips

Thanks Chris, yes they are very useful:thup:

when I played Squash competitively I generated most of my power from Lag then a release at impact, its so different using 2 hands and I'll need to retrain that back in.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks Chris, yes they are very useful:thup:

when I played Squash competitively I generated most of my power from Lag then a release at impact, its so different using 2 hands and I'll need to retrain that back in.

Certainly adds distance, I've been practicing it here at work in my office - I have enough ceiling height to swing a full club.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Dave Torrence, showed my a whippy stick drill to help lag.

Take one of thos tour stick or such like, and whip though and if you have lag it should make a noise.

Its difficult to expalin.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

Take one of thos tour stick or such like, and whip though and if you have lag it should make a noise.

Turn a club upside down and you should get the same effect

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

I was under the impression that helps to promote release not lag.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
are all you guys great laggers naturally then? it really makes an enormous difference to the quality of strikes

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
unfortunately not a good drill for the range:smirk:

Dont think you mentioned the range. Do you have a practice ground?

You can practice the flying wedge at the range though, it's a matter of getting used to maintaining the backward hinge in your right wrists. Guaranteed to improve ball compression and stop flipping.