knole park kent

fat-tiger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
hi thinking of playing here on friday on our way down to royal cinque ports, just wondered has any one played it? got some very good reviews

fat-tiger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
great stuff ally,

its a toss up between there and chart hills and hever castle?

tougher the better for us, are greens in good condition?

theres big comp on on friday, but pro said no probs after 2.30, just put your ball in the shoot

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
great stuff ally,

its a toss up between there and chart hills and hever castle?

tougher the better for us, are greens in good condition?

theres big comp on on friday, but pro said no probs after 2.30, just put your ball in the shoot

Hever's in pretty good nick at the moment - Jamega Tour there today and tommorow, and it doesn't look like the possible works I raised before will take place this week after all.

Sandy

Assistant Pro
www.gokart.co.uk
Chart's greens were hollow tined last week but they're recovering - does mean you'd get a reduced green fee. Apart from that it's playing really well. Semi and rough - like everywhere - can be a bit brutal though. But if you opt for Knole you'll love it, lots of different iron shots into the greens and very very scenic.

AllyLodge

Head Pro
Visit site
Greens were hollow tined at knole last week as well, so they're not the best.
I played hever yesterday and although I cannot comment on chart hills, hever would be my pick. Stunning course

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Hever is a lovely course, and if the greens haven't been done, it's not a worse course than Knole. Knole is a good track too, but I've still to play there.

Chart Hills is the best of the three, but I'd leave it well alone if the greens have been treated in any way.

Olivavu

Club Champion
Visit site
Never played Chart Hills or Knole Park - but I have played Hever Castle and I recommend it.

Hemsted Forest is a nice course too, tucked away outside of Cranbrook.

Austin Lodge is a really hidden gem though. That is one of my favourite courses in Kent, if not my number one.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I really hate disagreeing with people, but I can't believe that Austin Lodge has been mentioned in the same thread as Chart Hills, Hever and Knole Park.

It's nothing special when compared with them, but it's a nice enough track.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I really hate disagreeing with people, but I can't believe that Austin Lodge has been mentioned in the same thread as Chart Hills, Hever and Knole Park.

It's nothing special when compared with them, but it's a nice enough track.

if it makes you feel better I agree with you :)

Olivavu

Club Champion
Visit site
Hemsted is a very nice course, the crew down there really look after the place.

If its a challenge you're after then its Austin Lodge you want to play, without buggies!

Hemsted Forest is well looked after, yeah. They close one day a week to prep it.

We played Austin Lodge without a buggy the first time we went there. A four ball that took five and a half hours!!

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whats that specsavers advert say :confused:

AL has a number of holes that are plain silly, I can't think of a bad hole at Hever.

Anyway back on Topic, FT, what time you setting off ?
Need to be back home early evening, so may or may not join you.
Thanks for the offer!