Knee flex

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Presume you mean at address position. If so what I tend to do is to make sure hands can just touch the top of my knee. If they can't then not enough flex if they are further down the knee then too much flex. Don't think there is a definite answer to this though as everyone is different

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Presume you mean at address position. If so what I tend to do is to make sure hands can just touch the top of my knee. If they can't then not enough flex if they are further down the knee then too much flex. Don't think there is a definite answer to this though as everyone is different

Yep at address, I remember this technique now and I will give it ago.

Thanks

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I would say, in general, too much is worse than too little.

This is exactly what I have found, if I have to much forward lean and knee flex then its welcome to fat city for me. I have to get in a mirror at the range every now and then to check both.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
So am I looking to touch The top of my knee CAPS?

Touching the top of your knee caps is to set a reasonable spine angle (forward bend) and is nothing to do with how bent your knees are.

If you address a ball with your legs locked 'bolt straight' once you're comfy over the ball you only need to 'crack your knees' so to speak, allowing them to go forwards just a couple of inches, enough to take your weight and keep you balanced.

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
Funnily enough I was doing the exact same thing.was heavying everything slightly and realised I was far too flexed. Just got into the habit over time. At the weekend I made sure I stood tall,almost felt like my legs were straight ,and flushed everything. It feels much more stable and powerful. Last week I heavied a wedge so badly it went 20 odd yards,that's when I started thinking about it. Amazing how these things creep in,not something I've ever had a problem with before