Kids TV Shows

• Thread starter Deleted member 1418
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1418

Read a really good article on the BBC website earlier about CBeebies and their 'Stories at Bedtime' show that has celebrities reading stories, but is appealing more to parents than kids (it particularly highlighted the Tom Hardy episodes and how popular he is with mums!!!)

It got me thinking what shows from when i was a lad - remade - I'd have loved to sit down and watched with my boys when they were little

I initially thought of Trumpton and Camberwick Green, but then I came up with a couple that would've been great:

1) Runaround (hosted by Micky Flanagan!!); and

2) Monkey!!!

Absolutely loved Monkey!! Pigsy was the best!!

20f4a6f871a0ea6c5f5afe698cc377c2.jpeg

Anyone got any others?

D

Deleted member 1418

The Banana Splits - seriously psychedelic!!
Imagine the drugs they could have them on now.....:unsure:

That would've been great!

Shame they couldn't of got the cast of Rainbow together before Geoffrey snuffed it for a few specials!! The PC brigade would've loved Bungle and George......and the old Menage a trois between Rod, Jane and Freddie wouldn't bat an eyelid in these times!!! 😂😂😂

Wolf

Visit site
Fraggle Rock that show now would be confusing with the Fraggles and Dosers..

Rentaghost with John Cleese as main hotel host in Rentaghost clothing bit with Basil Fawltys issues...

Supergran as part of the Balamory cast...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Loved Chigley, Camblewick Green and Trumpton but on the same tangent as the Stories at Bedtime I grew up on Jackanory and the celebs of my time reading a book and bringing it to life. Really encouraged to read. I was a Blue Peter viewer (and then saw the Magpie light). I'd love to see the Tomorrows People re-done. Seriously underated show

D

Deleted member 1418

Fraggle Rock that show now would be confusing with the Fraggles and Dosers..

Rentaghost with John Cleese as main hotel host in Rentaghost clothing bit with Basil Fawltys issues...

Supergran as part of the Balamory cast...

What about PhiltheFragger rock?!!! 😂😂😂

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone remember the forerunner of monkey??? On a Friday night ‘the water margin’
It was badly dubbed Chinese nonsense, but I loved it when I was a kid. I went through a spell of thinking I’d imagined it, but I’ve recently found it on YouTube

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Trumpton with Donald Trump. OK so Private Eye did that gag about a year ago but I posted it here first.

How about the Simpsons with Homer playing Homer? Someone who comments on everything, spends all his time practicing but never getting any better and generally winds most people up ;-)

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Best kids show of all-time was Thunderbirds.

A very distant 2nd was the Banana Splits and then all the Camberwick Green stuff after that.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Correct - an embarrassment to the name. Captain Scarlet is still watchable too but the best of all was UFO, the first Gerry Anderson production with real actors. Not really a kids show but I loved it when I was young.

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
ah UFO, great spot!

We had UFOmcars/vehicles with bits that flicked out of the side, and if I remember rightly shot little orange darts out the front, or something like that :)

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
The kids of today have no interest in crappy old TV from the 80s, put it on, they laugh and turn it over. Like a lot of stuff from yesteryear, its best left there.