Kent/Dover area

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Hello, my friend and I have tickets for championship Sunday at The Open, staying in East Cliff on the Saturday (17th) anyone able to host us for a mid-late afternoon round in or around that area?

Many thanks.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
East Cliff, Folkstone, you also have Sene Valley and Etchinghill close.
But if you can get in Walmer go for it.
North Foreland have wacked they're fees up so avoid.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hello, my friend and I have tickets for championship Sunday at The Open, staying in East Cliff on the Saturday (17th) anyone able to host us for a mid-late afternoon round in or around that area?

Many thanks.

If you fancy Sene Valley I may be able to host as a members guest I think it's £25 . I think I'm marshalling the morning but could come up after the shift.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Some of these green fees are quite frankly embarrassing. Yes attract guests to your course, but charging them 2 or even 3 times more than is reasonable, so they spend the majority of 4hrs walking round thinking what a complete rip off. The word will soon spread that the course is taking the micky, so short term gain will lead to long term pain. Reputations are hard earned in golf and it does not take much to lose your reputation as a course over night with moves like this. Personally I enjoy both Walmer and North Foreland, but they are nowhere near those rates and never will be.

The Lion

Visit site
Some of these green fees are quite frankly embarrassing. Yes attract guests to your course, but charging them 2 or even 3 times more than is reasonable, so they spend the majority of 4hrs walking round thinking what a complete rip off. The word will soon spread that the course is taking the micky, so short term gain will lead to long term pain. Reputations are hard earned in golf and it does not take much to lose your reputation as a course over night with moves like this. Personally I enjoy both Walmer and North Foreland, but they are nowhere near those rates and never will be.

Well said. Agree wholeheartedly!

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

I still haven't played either yet. I've said beforehand that people I know that have played Walmer either love it or hate it, and North Foreland I've heard good things about. I think we get reciprical rates for both at around £25-30 which is far more reasonable than £400