Just when you think America can’t get any crazier…

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having just read the news about the shooting of the teacher by a pupil in America, I googled the type of gun that was used. I was expecting to see a tiny 1 shot thing. But no, it is a standard size 9mm automatic pistol that you can buy for $250. Crazy that it is half the price of a new golf driver. ? After googling it I’m now expecting the police to turn up at my house in the next 10 minutes.
Hide your driver Steve!! :oops::oops:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Having just read the news about the shooting of the teacher by a pupil in America, I googled the type of gun that was used. I was expecting to see a tiny 1 shot thing. But no, it is a standard size 9mm automatic pistol that you can buy for $250. Crazy that it is half the price of a new golf driver. ? After googling it I’m now expecting the police to turn up at my house in the next 10 minutes.

The police are far too busy protecting the bed wetters from hurty words on social media

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I notice an American University has banned the word 'Field' as they believe it has racist connotations, they think it will be offensive to Black people because Slaves worked in fields. ?
There’s no accounting for the sensibilities of some.

Personally maybe I could be p’d off that the Duke of Cumberland‘s men slaughtered many of my ancestors on or close to the field of Culloden in 1746. At least my clan has a marker stone there in remembrance and so I won’t boycott Cumberland or it’s sausages. ????????

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I notice an American University has banned the word 'Field' as they believe it has racist connotations, they think it will be offensive to Black people because Slaves worked in fields. ?

Another sacked a teacher for showing a picture of Mohammed. The teacher warmed the students and gave them the option to leave The room but they all stayed.
1 bedwetter complained that she wasn’t prepared and others who weren’t in the room peed their pants and jumped on the bandwagon.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

The first rule of ‘Woke’ fascists is that white people are evil and can be held collectively responsible guilty of things that happened long before they were born. (Just don’t try the same with any other group, you horrible racist.) ?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
After googling it I’m now expecting the police to turn up at my house in the next 10 minutes.
I used to Google some guns when reading the Reacher books to know what he is talking about, no one ever cared. Or they care and they are out there observing? ;-(

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
The first rule of ‘Woke’ fascists is that white people are evil and can be held collectively responsible guilty of things that happened long before they were born. (Just don’t try the same with any other group, you horrible racist.) ?
Too broad a definition.
The evil ones are white, heterosexual, non-disabled men.
Lucky for me I'm mixed race - my dad was from London and my mum from Yorkshire.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
What the blazes are ‘woke fascists’- or are they in fact just individuals who abhor all forms or bigotry, prejudice, racism and xenophobia - and speak out about it. That’s all of us, or should be all of us, surely.??

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
What the blazes are ‘woke fascists’- or are they in fact just individuals who abhor all forms or bigotry, prejudice, racism and xenophobia - and speak out about it. That’s all of us, or should be all of us, surely.??

I used the word Fascist because of their intolerance to any other point of view…

The “woke” like the BLM started as a commendable idea but it was soon taken over by intolerant zealots. You know the type who heaped abuse on the writer J. K. Rowling when she dared to voice the obvious biological truth that women have XX Chromosomes and Men have XY Chromosomes?

The same sort who pull down statues.

Do you remember when the intolerant Taliban destroyed the beautiful statue of Athena at Palmyra? Was you disgusted by it? (Christians did it first btw in 385 ?) There is more than a whiff of the Old Testament in the current destruction and blacklisting of statues across the Western world…

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I used the word Fascist because of their intolerance to any other point of view…

The “woke” like the BLM started as a commendable idea but it was soon taken over by intolerant zealots. You know the type who heaped abuse on the writer J. K. Rowling when she dared to voice the obvious biological truth that women have XX Chromosomes and Men have XY Chromosomes?

The same sort who pull down statues.

Do you remember when the intolerant Taliban destroyed the beautiful statue of Athena at Palmyra? Was you disgusted by it? (Christians did it first btw in 385 ?) There is more than a whiff of the Old Testament in the current destruction and blacklisting of statues across the Western world…

Sounds a lot like Farage supporters and Daily Mail readers too.

There are two sides to everything, and most things fall somewhere in the middle.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I may have posted this before but just to reiterate my experience of the average American.

My Son lives in the USA and my Daughter in Law died aged 45 last year leaving my Son and my three young Grandsons. My Wife and I spend some time with them after her death to help out and support them.

For the two months after her death the local neighbours supplied them with a meal every other day on a rota basis and helped out in so many ways. Not the normal behaviour of mad gunslinging rednecks.

There are a lot of very decent polite people in the USA so before people start sharpening the pitchforks they should try understanding the way the vast majority live their lives.