Just had my irons lie angles bent… sorry had to share

Bamberdele21

Visit site
After a thread on here last night I was keen to go straight to a guy this afternoon who could tune my clubs.

Not sure if I’m just going through a really good phase atm but my confidence is high after my lesson and everything seems to be clicking when striking my irons. Took them for a whip earlier up at the top tracer and the results seem to be very promising.

I’ve had them all changed to 62 degrees and I’ve never hit them so well. It was make or break for 2 of the clubs aswell so I’m very glad I did it as I’ll now be sticking with them.

CDABAB4E-4276-47F3-9212-BC37B86809C9.jpegF4C755EF-695A-4564-8922-1133DE1F00D8.jpegC75CC984-D56B-4B40-8248-61A0D88BD17B.jpegFAC51F45-7F67-48FA-B35B-3AE452BFF2F9.jpeg61683F37-A8A0-4921-AF4C-5031677CE533.jpeg

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Those distances, like the ones in your previous thread, are rather Bryson-ish!
Not sure there's a massive improvement though, so beneficial but not 'the final solution'. Still a couple of loose ones spoiling both set of charts.

Last edited:

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Those distances, like the ones in your previous thread, are rather Bryson-ish!
Not sure there's a massive improvement though, so beneficial but not 'the final solution'. Still a couple of loose ones spoiling both set of charts.

Probably 20 yards more this time round
I hope that these are the "before" figures?

I wouldn't be happy with a gap of 23 yards between 9 iron and 5 iron.

Think it’s about 50 yards (total distance) here? Or have I missed something

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
Need to go off carry distance. Your predicted roll out is massive? 11 yards for example for 9 iron. 7,6,5 practically carry the same?
Launch angle very low
You've got some great ball speed..

Last edited:

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Need to go off carry distance. Your predicted roll out is massive? 11 yards for example for 9 iron. 7,6,5 practically carry the same?
Launch angle very low

As someone mentioned in a thread last night the smash factor with the added loft would create this because it has more ball speed

Why does your 6 iron go further than your 5 iron?

These are the two clubs I was going to bin off because they have never made sense to me. I’ve hit about 100 balls each with them and they would always land around the same distance due to them being 1 L I think.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
These are the two clubs I was going to bin off because they have never made sense to me. I’ve hit about 100 balls each with them and they would always land around the same distance due to them being 1 L I think.
Indeed, you need to sort out the 5i - or perhaps replace it with a hybrid. Same might also apply to the 4i

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I'd suspect/suggest it's simply an 'inability' to hit the 5i properly. That's something that your Pro might be able to sort out. Does the 4i go a 'proper' distance? I couldn't find the pics.

Bamberdele21

Visit site
I'd suspect/suggest it's simply an 'inability' to hit the 5i properly. That's something that your Pro might be able to sort out. Does the 4i go a 'proper' distance? I couldn't find the pics.

Don’t carry a 4i and even if I did there would be no difference I’m sure in the one length.

There is literally no difference now in my clubs, same length and same lie angle so I’m now setting up the exact same every shot..

Would there be a reason now to hit any of these clubs in a different set up ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
There is literally no difference now in my clubs, same length and same lie angle so I’m now setting up the exact same every shot..
Well the 5i performs badly cf 6, 7. And the difference is (only) the loft. So either learn to hit it better (via lessons, the pre-req being confirmation that that is the cause) or replace it. Unless your Driver is also 7i length, I wouldn't insist on ALL clubs being 1-length. Bryson's certainly aren't! So find a (4 or 5?) hybrid that works for you something else between that and the Driver - that works for you!

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Well the 5i performs badly cf 6, 7. And the difference is (only) the loft. So either learn to hit it better (via lessons, the pre-req being confirmation that that is the cause) or replace it. Unless your Driver is also 7i length, I wouldn't insist on ALL clubs being 1-length. Bryson's certainly aren't! So find a (4 or 5?) hybrid that works for you something else between that and the Driver - that works for you!

Great point. I’ll definitely have a word with him next time I see him. Didn’t even cross my mind that I’m probably not hitting it right due to loft.
In an ideal world I’d probably get rid of the 5 and 6i and replace them with a 3 wood but unfortunately all my pocket money is going towards my membership this year. I bought a ping g30 5 wood a couple months back for £40 and I’m looking forward to using it over the summer.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Great point. I’ll definitely have a word with him next time I see him. Didn’t even cross my mind that I’m probably not hitting it right due to loft.
In an ideal world I’d probably get rid of the 5 and 6i and replace them with a 3 wood but unfortunately all my pocket money is going towards my membership this year. I bought a ping g30 5 wood a couple months back for £40 and I’m looking forward to using it over the summer.
I'd keep the 6i! That 5W would work though. Then just a hybrid reqd (probably).

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Instead on making another thread I’ll post this here as crow has bought to my attention a very valid point.

I’ve never even bothered to pay attention to flat carry and when selecting a club during a round I always decide by their total distance travelled.

I’m beginning to think I’ve been doing this wrong and if there’s only 29 yards flat carry between my 9 and 5 iron then surely I’ll be in a lot of trouble when it comes to overcoming certain obstacles on the course.