Jumbo Grip Driver

RichA

Visit site
If you have hands like shovels maybe.
Bryson is as strong as an ox but anyone whose hands don’t fit the grip will struggle.
I thought that larger grips were designed to actually assist people with weaker hands caused by problems like arthritis. Surely a smaller grip causes you to have to hold it more tightly.
I use midsize on driver and irons but to reduce the tension in my arms, rather than because of a medical problem.

Mandofred

Visit site
A year or so ago I tried the extra small jumbo grips (yeah....I know....). I played just fine with them ....never quite felt good though. I have small hands and am converted to the mid size grips and won't go regular size anymore. If you use a lot of hand action....I don't think the jumbo's will work as well. I'm trying to reduce hand movement somewhat.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I thought that larger grips were designed to actually assist people with weaker hands caused by problems like arthritis. Surely a smaller grip causes you to have to hold it more tightly.
I use midsize on driver and irons but to reduce the tension in my arms, rather than because of a medical problem.
Wasn’t really thinking about medical conditions.
Arthritic grips work on the basis that you can’t close your fingers properly.
So a larger grip will help you hold it firmly enough.

A proper fitting grip should have minimum pressure to hold it. (Holding a Budgie I was taught.)
But if we are using Bryson as a starting point we could come up with some strange answers.
I use midsize myself as I have long fingers..
There is a chart online to measure your wrist to fingertip, and length of finger to determine grip size.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All my clubs have Lamkin Crossline Jumbo size grips. My hands are a fraction over 8 in long, and my middle fingers are just over 3.5 inches long.
I also have quite "active hands" when playing golf (through being a pianist years ago, and working with tools), and the larger size does help to quieten my hands down a little:)