I've had a 66 before, but....

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This morning got 71mpg on my way to work. This involved 2 miles of stop start to the motorway and then lots of stop start on the usual traffic jam that is the M60 until I got on the M62 heading away from Manchester.

Windows down at the start of the journey, air con on for duration. Even have my golf bag and trolley in the boot. Hit 75-80 a few times to overtake etc but mainly 70 all the way.

Quite amazed really. And yes, I need to clean my dash..

image.jpg

Whats your best 'return'?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm over the moon if I get 35 on my way to work. The journey home is always less :D

Got 40mpg once on a trip from Leicester to Bournemouth, taking it really easy all the way.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been about 10,000 miles since I last reset the trip for the MPG I'm on a pretty steady 62.3/4. Capable of pushing >70 on a motorway journey taking a bit of care with speed.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Even with the Kids hammering it, over-revving, doing manoeuvres etc I'm still getting over 60..
When I drive its nearer 70......

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am getting well over 60 from my new Nissan Note, considering I was getting 30 if lucky from my old car, so I am very pleased, I did get 70.9 coming home from mums at the weekend

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
This morning got 71mpg on my way to work. This involved 2 miles of stop start to the motorway and then lots of stop start on the usual traffic jam that is the M60 until I got on the M62 heading away from Manchester.

Windows down at the start of the journey, air con on for duration. Even have my golf bag and trolley in the boot. Hit 75-80 a few times to overtake etc but mainly 70 all the way.

View attachment 15905

Isn't that what your supposed to get out of a leecy car charge? ;)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I do 40 mile round trips daily and generally average 55--60mpg. And its not a planet hugging little eco car either. Just sensible driving, I can still put the foot down when required and still get that return.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Can finally share this with (semi) interested folks - Mrs Chucker looked like I'd just announced I was hiking to the Moon when I mentioned it and how pleased I was. Schoolboy error bringing it up I suppose. Sincere apologies for having radio 1 on.

MPG.jpg

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Isn't that what your supposed to get out of a leecy car charge? ;)

Hehe, Exactly - not sure the Note could get much higher than that though. Deffo a one off though, I was 61.8 this morning but filled the tank before I hit the roads.

Can finally share this with (semi) interested folks - Mrs Chucker looked like I'd just announced I was hiking to the Moon when I mentioned it and how pleased I was. Schoolboy error bringing it up I suppose. Sincere apologies for having radio 1 on.

View attachment 15908

I did the same last night. May as well have told her I'd got an eagle....

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I once had 84mpg on a trip to Newcastle, I got 975 miles from a single tank! It was a BMW 320D efficient Dynamics model and I loved that car!!

Foliage Finder

Head Pro
Visit site
The 10 yr old fiesta that I share with my OH has just had a new centre+rear exhaust fitted, somehow it managed to retain its original exhaust from 2005 and only just start to blow now. However, after this new one has gone on, MPG has gone from 30-35 to 40-45 instantly. Huge difference! £20 used to get us about 115-120 miles, now were pushing 160 miles.

Not bad considering its a 10 year old car doing mostly stop start short journeys.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

View attachment 15905

This thread popped into my head today.

Really I think the total journey needs to be at least the MPG for it to "count", but if not, I spotted this after a trip to shops.
WP_20150708_19_38_42_Pro.jpg

Here's a real one on a journey up to Salford

WP_20140930_002.jpg

Context helps - this vehicle is over 4.8M long and has 18" alloys - so is no Prius :)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Had mid to high 50's goin up to the lakes for a weekend WI Missis Tash. Normally get mid 40's running around in a Seat Leon FR.