It's Time

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Here goes then, 4 rounds over 4 course's for the Macmillan Longest Day Golf Challenge.
We are hoping to hit the first tee shot at Copsewood Grange in about 40 minutes time, and i'm praying we can get around within 3 hours as we are booked on the next course at 7.20.
Course's in order will be.....

Copsewood Grange Golf Club
Brandon Wood Golf Club
Kenilworth Golf Club
Stoneleigh Deer Park Golf Club

We have raised just over £2700 but i'm hoping we can get over the £3000 mark before we finish.
Wish me and my team luck. :thup:

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
JOB DONE !!!!

Just arrived home after several celebratory drinks lol.
I must admit to being seriously stressed about completing our first 18 holes and making our 7.20am tee time at course number 2, but we managed to get around Copsewood Grange in 2 hours and 40 mins and i must give special mention to Mark Woolerton who had a hole in one on the tenth hole !!!!!
We decided to tee off at 3.55 in the dark ! but we needn't have worried, we managed to arrive at Brandon Wood (course number 2) at 7.05 and were at Stoneleigh for lunch by 11.00am.
We tee'd off at Kenilworth at 12.55 and were on the first tee at our last course at 5.00pm, the last putt was sunk at 8.20pm.
Think i'm suffering from jet lag now lol, thanks to everybody who contributed either by sponsorship or online donation.
Final total hasn't been calculated, but it will be in excess of £3000.
Goodnight and god bless.

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well done mate, sounds like you breezed round, two hour lunch and still finished with over an hour to spare!

Thanks Nick,
I'm feeling great this morning, in fact i wish i'd put my name down for todays texas scramble at Stoneleigh lol.
I was little overwhelmed by what we'd done and how much money we had raised, so had to get one of my team to do a small speech and present our shirt sponsor with a gift and thankyou card after we finished the last round.I was amazed how kind people were, we even had members who were playing at Kenilworth approach us on the course and make donations ! Seeing how supportive and generous people are has restored my faith in human nature.
One thing that has left a sour taste is how unhelpful and ignorant some of the golfing manufacturers and retailers are.I emailed all of the big brands and big retailers to ask if they could sponsor our team shirts for the day, and they didn't even have the decency to reply to my emails :angry:
In total contrast, the local golf clubs were fantastic and very very helpful.
Copsewood Grange Golf Club allowed to us to play and even had a committee member turn up at 3.15 to open the gates and swish the greens for us.
Brandon Wood Golf Club arranged a tee time for us before there members competition, and did so at very late notice after another local club had let us down.
Kenilworth Golf Club agreed to let us to play without hesitation, and the members were very courteous and welcoming. Groups moved aside as soon as we got behind them, and many of them gave us donations during our round.
John and Cherry Reay of Stoneleigh Deer Park Golf Club really helped the day become a success.They helped with arrangements, put Macmillan banners and cash tins up around the course, provided the team with lunch at the halfway stage and bought drinks afterwards for all those involved.
If anybody would like to make a donation, please visit our Just Giving page.