It's a small world.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'm sitting watching a YT vid called Scotland's Hidden Links and within the first few minutes, up pops my next door neighbour getting interviewed on it, this is from approx 20 years ago, I'm shocked as he was the Caddy manager at St Andrews....so I go knock his door and tell him about it....

He then proceeds to tell me he's been on Seve's bag, Fred Couples bag, Peter Jacobson' bag and.......Peter Thomson's bag :eek:ne: Been on the bag at 7 Ryder Cups, won the Dunhill with Canada, USA etc...what a story, and I never even knew he was in to golf.

He also wrote a book he tells me, A wee nip at the 19th (Google it) apparently it sold 800,000 copies, and he only got paid £500 for it as the publishers screwed him over....what a great story he's just told me...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm sitting watching a YT vid called Scotland's Hidden Links and within the first few minutes, up pops my next door neighbour getting interviewed on it, this is from approx 20 years ago, I'm shocked as he was the Caddy manager at St Andrews....so I go knock his door and tell him about it....

He then proceeds to tell me he's been on Seve's bag, Fred Couples bag, Peter Jacobson' bag and.......Peter Thomson's bag :eek:ne: Been on the bag at 7 Ryder Cups, won the Dunhill with Canada, USA etc...what a story, and I never even knew he was in to golf.

He also wrote a book he tells me, A wee nip at the 19th (Google it) apparently it sold 800,000 copies, and he only got paid £500 for it as the publishers screwed him over....what a great story he's just told me...

Great story. Bet he's worth having a few beers with

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I forgot to say, he was also on Letterman and Oprah he told me.

As in being interviewed or in the audience? And selling over 800,000 copies? To put that in perspective Ian Rankin has never sold that many of any individual book. You sure he was not exaggerating a bit?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
As in being interviewed or in the audience? And selling over 800,000 copies? To put that in perspective Ian Rankin has never sold that many of any individual book. You sure he was not exaggerating a bit?
Sounds like Jay from Inbetweeners. "Golf? Yeah, completed it mate."