Is there ANYTHING over the hill pros' won't advertise?

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having had to work from home today I had the Golf Channel on in the background for some 'white noise'and after about two hours I realised that some of the tat being endorsed by pro's past and present must have a detremental effect on their integrity. The major culprits are:

Nick Faldo and the golf ball finder £129 and he will probably get £50 of that,

Sam Torrance and Tony Jack-it-in and the K1 speed. Aye, right and we are meant to beleive they ACTUALLY think it is any good. As Jim Royale would say 'MY 4RSE'

Nick Price and the swingsetter. In other words, it is the only cheque he will get this year.

John Daly and the Maxfli driver in JJB.

Kenny 'effin' Dalglish .. The guy is not even a golfer. Anyone considering the F.A.S.T. irons should be led outside and beaten with a 'perfect club'

And finally and in my eyes the worst culprit;

Our European Order of Merit winner:

Justin Rose and the Taylor Made driver. If I were his manager I would be leaping from a very high building. It is not just an awful club, the whole package is 5h1te. The corny ad, the computer graphics done by a 9 year old and his brain numbing presentation of a club that is a 'legal forgery'.

Who else can stoop as low as these golfers who are not actually trying to get you to buy a product they honestly believe is good for the game, its only good for their bank balance.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
The K1 Speed is an utter piece of cr@p and the only thing it is fit for is beating thieves with.

I have had the displeasure of hitting this club (out of curiousity) and could not think of ever having hit a worse driver in my life. The only thing less pleasant would be nailing ones genitalia to the table.

Havent seen the Taylor Made ad yet.

Have seen Faldo plugging this ball finder, I think this is just another useless gadget. An analogy I use for fishing is "is this designed to catch fish.... or gullible anglers" and I think these gadgets are the same.

I think its just a disgrace what people will do for money. Look at Shane Warne and his hair-loss clinic plugging, very sad indeed.

People should have a moral stand on these things and I would not put my name to crap just for a few quid in my bin.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The unfortunate Answer to all this is MONEY, These guys will do anything for a few quid. Do they really think all golfers are gullable? The best add with golfers in it is the kit kat add with Monty and Wossie in it shame old Tom got to speak in it.........

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you ever think your golfing life is over just put on Sky channel 664, everything will slowly seem OK again.
24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year of Golf crap trying to sold on T.V by either a has been, never will be or somebody who really should know better!
Just sit with a smile on your face knowing that your far to sensible to but any of the junk they are trying to flog.

Lloydy84

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i haven't seen the taylormade ad. You say the driver is sh*te, i've never seen a bad taylormade club, do you mean the cgb max?

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
No its the one Justin Rose brags will get you splitting fairways. I think its the R5 draw. I had a look at one yesterday and it looks as bad as fake Clevelands.

I think JJB got a firm in China to make a driver and got TM to agree to a licensing agreement whereby JJB give a % of every untit sold or a block payment of £150,000 or so.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some of the ads are about as believable as Sean Connery's advertisement for Suntory, the Japanese whiskey maker ! National treachery ;-0

How the man can look in the mirror in the morning, I don't know....... Although I'm guessing he's tall enough to peer over the piles of cash which are now strewn around his home! This is the one which Bill Murray parodied in "Lost in Translation"

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=amnpKeRivMI

Up_Point_1

Head Pro
Visit site
Agree, the Justin Rose TM ad is absolutely cringeworthy. Stick to golf Justin, acting ain't your forte mate ;)

The Kenny Dalglish ad is just as bad mind. Not quite sure how a video of Kenny knocking a FAST iron the length of Wigan Athletics Football Ground is going to help sell the product. If he found himself playing his second shot into the green from the goal line of the JJB Stadium me thinks he must have been using one of Justins TM Drivers for his tee shot ;)

DHM.

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Some of the ads are about as believable as Sean Connery's advertisement for Suntory, the Japanese whiskey maker ! National treachery ;-0
Whiskey?? As a Scot you should know the correct spelling. Or are you making the point that what the Japs produce doesn't merit the title ''whisky''?

BillyBigTime

Hacker
Visit site
Look at it this way......if you were the pro and offered a vast sum of money for something as easy as advertising a set of clubs, ball finder or whatever, would you not take it?

I know I certainly would, and I wouldn't care less what anyone in the golfing world thought of it.