Is it against rules?

Whee

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Dead quick one here.

For various reasons I've battled anxiety for a year or so, with the doctor prescribing beta-blockers to free the mind of stress, concern and worry.

After a round where I was on for a PB but blew up on the 18th, I thought I'd experiment. 3 rounds on the bounce where I've sunk one of these beauties before and all of a sudden I'm confident and consistent.

Those rounds were just with mates though, tomorrow is the monthly medal. Is it worth persisting with the tablets for my golf and seeing what happens?

Last edited:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
That's what I thought pal, but a quick Google search shows it's a substance banned at the Olympics, in the shooting because of the calming effect.

so as long as you dont run round the course with a gun strapped on yer back you'll be fine

Whee

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Darth, some weeks I feel that I want to, believe me.

Slot the rest of the field and it's a guaranteed win.

Unfortunately, our place is chocka-block with Koreans with "questionable" handicaps... If the winner of my category comes in tomorrow with less than 46 pts, I will eat 56* wedge, grip first.

Shaun, get yourself down the docs, look nervous and maybe stutter a little bit, boom - instant prescription. I only used them for a 2 day period, supposed to be two tablets, twice a day, but I liked the feeling so smashed ten down my Gregory. Thought I'd knock them on the head after that, prevent it becoming a problem... Haha!

They'll do the job tomorrow, PB and hopefully a decent finish on the leader board!

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Darth, some weeks I feel that I want to, believe me.

Slot the rest of the field and it's a guaranteed win.

Unfortunately, our place is chocka-block with Koreans with "questionable" handicaps... If the winner of my category comes in tomorrow with less than 46 pts, I will eat 56* wedge, grip first.

Shaun, get yourself down the docs, look nervous and maybe stutter a little bit, boom - instant prescription. I only used them for a 2 day period, supposed to be two tablets, twice a day, but I liked the feeling so smashed ten down my Gregory. Thought I'd knock them on the head after that, prevent it becoming a problem... Haha!

They'll do the job tomorrow, PB and hopefully a decent finish on the leader board!

I really hope you are joking !!!

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
It seems a tricky question. I know about BBs partly because in my work, some people take them.

My advice would be to not even mention it, as no-one is going to know, and besides, it's really your own private business.

I once tried playing Golf on a BB and the results were hopeless because I really couldn't have cared less about my game, I was so chilled out.

If you need them for your general health, stick with them, DO NOT stop taking them because of fears of being in a grey area re; rules of golf. In my opinion, you are playing at an amateur level and although banned from pro sport, are probably not helping you because the effect on your adrenaline (they "block" the beta-adrenergic receptors) will make you calmer but affect your will and drive.

How do I know about this stuff (other than my failed golf experiment)? My Dad was a pioneer on these drugs last century. Not a lot of people know that.....

Whee

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It seems a tricky question. I know about BBs partly because in my work, some people take them.

My advice would be to not even mention it, as no-one is going to know, and besides, it's really your own private business.

I once tried playing Golf on a BB and the results were hopeless because I really couldn't have cared less about my game, I was so chilled out.

If you need them for your general health, stick with them, DO NOT stop taking them because of fears of being in a grey area re; rules of golf. In my opinion, you are playing at an amateur level and although banned from pro sport, are probably not helping you because the effect on your adrenaline (they "block" the beta-adrenergic receptors) will make you calmer but affect your will and drive.

How do I know about this stuff (other than my failed golf experiment)? My Dad was a pioneer on these drugs last century. Not a lot of people know that.....

I think I'd be better off not having tried it for golf. My desire and drive to improve and perform at my best isn't affected, thankfully, although I understand what you're saying. Like most things, different results for different people I guess?

Whee

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I awoke this morning after 3 1/2 hours kip, was obviously quite excited about the first medal in ages as I couldn't get back to sleep.

That was a good sign and I should have embraced the adrenalin, rather than quieten it.

Had a stretch after a thinned chip (not done that in yonks!!!) where I didn't score for 4 holes, then went back to boyer, par, bogey golf. Frustrating, but theres definitely a good round somewhere round the corner!

Found it much easier to keep focussed, but never really got in a position to get nervous or anxious to put it to the test.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Taking 10 beta blocker tablets at once is more likely to cause heart block (not good) than really help your golf. Only a total moron would do that, so I assume the poster above is joking.