Irritating IPC embedded link in Forum page border

Does the embedded HTML link that directs you to the Publishers site irritate you

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Is this doing anybodies else head in. If you're not sure what I mean, clcik in the grey area at either side of the page you are viewing.

I click on the outer area of any page on the Golf Monthly site only to be directed to the IPC Media site.

As a reader and a forum user I'm aware that IPC publish the magazine. Also I think most people who were interested in the publisher would find it more useful if the footer contained the usual company info in case they wanted to delve deeper.

Is there anyway of stopping this link working so I can use the grab scroll on my computer without it taking me to an external website every time. It is bad enough having to disable extensions so the videos do not auto play in the banner at the top of the page every time I navigate around the site and forum. I'm no expert but know enough that the embedded link can be disabled by the web site owner with only a few clicks, and the footer be updated in a matter of minutes. It was fine before, lets get it sorted GM.

Last edited:

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not been a problem since I started to use an ad and flash blocker. Had to because of the audio ads that had started being used on the forum. They annoyed me sooooo much. Prior to that I was a little frustrated by accidentally going to the Cobra bio cell website repeatedly.

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Not been a problem since I started to use an ad and flash blocker. Had to because of the audio ads that had started being used on the forum. They annoyed me sooooo much. Prior to that I was a little frustrated by accidentally going to the Cobra bio cell website repeatedly.

Thanks for the tip, something so simple has just improved my user experience on this forum. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 15344

Can't see it on the I pad and have the ad blocker on the mac so not see it appear

On the odd occasions I get a pop up asking to purchase GM etc but it's nothing worth worrying about

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, something so simple has just improved my user experience on this forum. Thanks.

you know it's bad advertising when you do something to get rid of it. The old ads werent as prominent but if I saw something interesting I looked at it. now I just dont see them at all.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's also worth noting that, and this is with my geeky developer head on here, that having so many clicks from one place to the same website which then gets closed (i.e. click on the background, have it open in a new tab and then immediately close the new tab) is going to make Google think the link is naff and spam therefor mark down the IPC Website in Google. So it's doing the IPC website search engine damage!