Iron Shafts

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
What iron shafts tend to produce a lower ball flight ? My son currently has KBS tour Stiff shafts and seems to be hitting a very high ball. Would be better if we could bring the ball flight down. With his driver he was just fitted for a Prolaunch Red extra Stiff to give some idea of swing speed.
thanks

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
TT DG are low launch but some players get a bit too much spin. C tapers would be worth a look and are low- mid launch with low spin. Aerotech are low launch in the heavier models but rather pricey.

MGL

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mygolf.me
TT DG are low launch but some players get a bit too much spin. C tapers would be worth a look and are low- mid launch with low spin. Aerotech are low launch in the heavier models but rather pricey.

Personally, I would avoid the 110 and 125 steelfiber shafts (other than using the 125 for wedges); these play VERY stout and boardy.

FWIW - Kuchar and Snedeker play the i95 Stiff flex and apparently even they couldn't make the 110 work in irons.

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
thanks for the replies, think will get him to try a few different shafts, at least now i have an idea of what to look out for.