Iron lofts

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have TM Burner 2.0 irons. I bought them blind without trying them or having them fitted but luckily I love them and get on with the very well.

I'd like to know each clubs loft but cant find the info. Where can I get it from?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Yikes. Just compared the two sets of specs - and the 7 thru 3 of RBZs are even stronger than the B2.0s!

Make my 2001 set - built off a 48* PW - rather 'weak'.

Designed by the marketeers I guess. And 'standard' set is 4-AW these days, so no real difference anyway - except for the nomber on the sole.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I had looked on the TM site but was being blind.

I knew the lofts were strong as no 3i was included. They do certainly seem to go further than my previous set did.

I wanted to know the lofts so I could potentially looked to get some new wedges :)

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
All manufacturers have gone this way and strengthend their lofts. My Cleveland CG16 irons are stronger than the CG7 they replaced, the CG16 8 iron is the equivalent of the CG7 7 iron.
Before I got them I checked other makers Ping, Cobra and Taylormade. The Ping G15 was stronger than the G10 and likewise with other manufacturers

MikeTimbers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Which makes adverts like the current one for the RBZ even more of a lie than usual advertising.

"Ooh, look it's 231 yds instead of 217! Buy RocketBallz!"

Of course, it's longer. It's a not a 5-iron; it's a 4-iron!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Although there is marketing hype surrounding distance, there is actually a good reason for strengthening lofts.

Most GI irons these days are designed to hit the ball high, to get it in the air - to make it easier for the average player to play a "golf" shot.
This is done by moving the weight lower than before on the clubhead.
If they kept the same lofts, the ball would take your right ear off on the way to the moon. Higher lofts and lower C of G = ice on your ball.
Lower the lofts and the ball still flies high but a more manageable high.

Hence lower lofted irons....