Irish top 100

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Again as per usual on "top lists" some surprising results ...

They must have played tulfaris (91) after 2 weeks very dry weather , so that must be a while ago ha .. & rathsallagh at (69) the more i read of it it seems pretty ill concieved list .. but just MY opinion

D

Deleted Member 1156

Quite a few surprises in there. Personally, I love the big, rugged, dunesy links so courses like Carne, Cashen, Sandy Hills and Enniscrone really float my boat.

RCD is the jewel in the crown, no arguments about that being #1. Best enjoyment per £ has to be Ardglass, that course is just so much fun to play when it's blowing a hoolie.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well Tulfarris & Rathsallagh are 20 min up the road from me , & i wouldnt take a day off work to play them unless it was something special , id rather drive the hour to kilkenny (unfriendliest members in the world tho)

I would have Carton House's o'Meara course & Druids Glen above Cartons Montgomery course..

All part of the fun of it i supose

kevinmarkham

Assistant Pro
theirishgolfblog.com
No placing for my beloved Cruit Island. Would love to see where it woul list on the top 100 9-holers

That is some place. Only got up there for the first time in October and the course is amazing - didn't stop taking photographs all day (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevinmarkham/sets/72157631878350811/). My guess is that 9 holers don't even get considered.

Royal belfast 63 and no sign of the big course at clandeboye?? Other way round maybe? RB really isnt all that.

Clandeboye is at 66 - but I agree with you.

Surprised by the couple of comments about Tulfarris and Rathsallagh. Good, big parklands both.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Just looked at those Cruit pics, that is a proper golf course!! What a pity it's not a full 18

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just looked at those Cruit pics, that is a proper golf course!! What a pity it's not a full 18

It is THE most scenic course I have ever played and it is a joy anytime I play there. Some of the holes are "quirky" IMO but well worth a visit if you are ever in that area.

As for the rankings they are all subjective. I doubt I would move a few of the top 25 around though but I am glas to see Portsalon getting some recognition, just as long as it doesn't get overrun with visitors ;)

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is THE most scenic course I have ever played and it is a joy anytime I play there. Some of the holes are "quirky" IMO but well worth a visit if you are ever in that area.

As for the rankings they are all subjective. I doubt I would move a few of the top 25 around though but I am glas to see Portsalon getting some recognition, just as long as it doesn't get overrun with visitors ;)

Not bad for some when they are contemplating leaving No. 25 (Portsalon) to move to No. 18 (Donegal) ;)

Some guys have all the luck.

Your onto a winner either way

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Disappointed to see there's no place for Dunfanaghy in the top 100 a fanatstic course and a true hidden gem.

Dunfanaghy is a smashing track the problem they have with it is its too short and surrounded by GREAT courses.

Not bad for some when they are contemplating leaving No. 25 (Portsalon) to move to No. 18 (Donegal) ;)

Some guys have all the luck.

Your onto a winner either way

Couldn't possibly comment ;) you will still be wanting to play at either of them I guess :D

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dunfanaghy is a smashing track the problem they have with it is its too short and surrounded by GREAT courses.

Couldn't possibly comment ;) you will still be wanting to play at either of them I guess :D

Oh OK then, if you insist...

Have you decided if you making the move yet? and when is the first open at Donegal :p

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Chris,I read recently that Ruddy rated Portsalon as his favourite hiden gem course.High praise indeed.

"A true oasis of golfing splendour" no less.

It really is a great course. If you come over for Brendy's gig leave a day spare and nip down you won't be disappointed. I know Ruddy likes it and with the wee bit of redesign McGinley is doing it should creep into the top twenty, and hats without spending anything on advertising!

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Omagh doesn't make an appearance!! What a fix!

Seriously though I'm surprised Greencastle didn't get an honourable mention at the least

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Far too many courses I've not played... , would love to get out a bit more next year, galgorm castle in at 86, long way to go to get any higher...

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dodger there is a bit of a review HERE from Ruddy and it details some of the changes that were made to the course 20 years ago as well.

grizzler

Club Champion
Visit site
this island has an excellent standard of courses. ardglass is a nice course but i'd prefer a round at kirkistown any day. from that list i'd love a crack at ballyliffin next year