irish atlantic coast challange

fat-tiger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
just seen a competition ,that really intrests me for next year

altlantic coast challange playing carne, enniscorne, and rosses point only 120 euros courses look fantastic

but can any of the irish boys point us in right place to stop for abit of night life, was looking at sligo or ballina

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
just seen a competition ,that really intrests me for next year

altlantic coast challange playing carne, enniscorne, and rosses point only 120 euros courses look fantastic

but can any of the irish boys point us in right place to stop for abit of night life, was looking at sligo or ballina

I used to live there and was a member at Enniscrone. Ballina is the most central with carne and rosses point being about an hour away. There are plenty of hotels in Ballina with The downhill Inn or Downhill House being just two that are not too pricey or too far away from the centre of town. During the week it will be fairly quiet though.

If you have any other questions shout out.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Carne and Enniscrone are without doubt 2 of the best courses in Ireland. Rosses Point ain't too shabby either. The problem with Carne is Belmullet is probably closer to New York than most places in Ireland, it really is out on a limb. When I was over there, we stayed in Belmullet for the night then moved on to Ballina for a couple of nights. Both are small towns and like Chris says, not a lot happens there.

But don't let that put you off, the quality of the courses alone is well worth the trip.

fat-tiger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
cheers boys, suppose i would go for quailty of course first before a night out, and them course look great, champange golf at lemonade prices,

just need to convince my pals its not that far a drive from hull really

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
cheers boys, suppose i would go for quailty of course first before a night out, and them course look great, champange golf at lemonade prices,

just need to convince my pals its not that far a drive from hull really

Google map it from Hull to Cairnryan/Troone/Liverpool or other ports then check it from the otherside. I wouldn't want to attempt it in 1 day, that's for sure!

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
2and half with little traffic, get a Red Bull down your neck and plough on. Dublin is the ideal spot for your night out if you aren't too tired. Word of advice as well the P&O crossing from Liverpool is an absolute nightmare. 8 hours of hell. Try Holyhead if you can

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Causeway Coast is good value 4 comp rounds and 4 practise rounds for £200 at Castlerock,Portstewart, The Valley at Portrush and Ballycastle. A great social comp

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Causeway Coast is good value 4 comp rounds and 4 practise rounds for £200 at Castlerock,Portstewart, The Valley at Portrush and Ballycastle. A great social comp

Opposite side of the country though. You're right however. All very nice

fat-tiger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
tiger dont do flying

super cat from holyhead will do, make abit of a week of it i think
love links golf and they look up there with some of the best

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
tiger dont do flying

That'd be your best option then. Share out the driving the Cat is nice too. Gotten it before when going to Utd games. You'll be driving through some nice country there as well

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
tiger dont do flying

If you are making a week of it play Co Donegal as well its is right up there in terms of my favourite course and IMO better than Enniscrone and Carne and hopefully my home track next year.

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you are making a week of it play Co Donegal as well its is right up there in terms of my favourite course and IMO better than Enniscrone and Carne and hopefully my home track next year.

Why are you leaving Portsalon? Both excellent in my opinion

Murvagh is very good too