iPod gps

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
ipod or iphone?

unless it's a modified device it will have features that render it non-conforming as a DMD; so the answer is, on balance and without seeing it, likely to be no...

put slightly differently I have yet to find one (out the box) that is conforming - but there must be one out there somewhere.

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To my knowledge, iPod Touch is wi-fi only, not 3G, so unless you can access a wi-fi connection all the way round your course it'll be next to useless I'm afraid.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
iPod touch has no gps chip, so can not be used as a golf gps. Whilst it uses the wifi connection to perform mapping it is not accurate enough to be used as a golf gps .... Unless you only want to know the yardage to the nearest 15 yards or so :)

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
How about a PC with a 27" monitor and a USB mobile phone dongle? I'm sure there will be something available to attach it to your trolley.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Because without a connection, how does the device know where you are????

ah - at cross purposes!

without a gps capability no device will have the accuracy required - but with one it doesn't need a 'connection'.

I rather like Rosecott's suggestion - maybe dual powered with the trolley from a few lorry batteries :)

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also if it's 4th gen it will have the ability to measure the flatness of the green in the similiar way the ping putter app works so it is then illegal