IPad Replacement

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mrs Colch's IPad has finally given up the ghost so I'll need to replace it. Just looking at prices and my god are they expensive. Are there cheaper options out there that will do the same or similar things? Mrs Colch likes the big screen so an Ipad Mini or Kindle type device wouldn't be suitable and it needs to be compatible with a Fitbit.

Any thoughts on what else I can look for as an Ipad replacement?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I got the Ipad Air just over a year ago, and wished a) I'd got one long before, and b) gone for one with way more memory. Fast forward to spring this year and the purchase of the Ipad Pro with 256 of memory. Love it.

Was using HID's large screen Kindle Fire this morning - Aaaarrrggghhh! Too slow.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
It may be better for you to tell us what your budget is. That way it's easier to give advice. I am not an Apple fan as I think they are too expensive and tie you in. I have a Windows Tablet (£125) and an Android phone (£120) at a fraction of the price of the equivalent Apple products.
However, for my other half I bought her a iPad 2 about 5 years ago and replaced it this year with an iPad 2017. Why? Because she likes it, she's not technically savvy in any way, shape or form and I have to admit it's so easy to use. It's a good piece of kit and unless you're storing loads on it the memory size has never given her a problem. It's also a lot lighter than her old one. The fact we get 15% off at John Lewis was a big help too mind you.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
iPad 2017 is your best bet. If you're travelling at all, good deals to be had abroad. Picked one of for £260 in the US a couple of months back.

Pretty, sure it was cheaper than the iPad mini at the time despite being newer.

Didn't need a pro for email & web.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got my dad a Lenovo Tab for Christmas. Easy for him to use and I'm impressed by build quality and the speakers. Worth a look at the 10" versions.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use an asus zenpad. Great bit of kit, good screen and sound, thin and light, fast processor and the 10 inch zenpad 3 that I use is less than half the price of an ipad.