interested in study into golf improvement .....?

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
if folks are interested in learning more...
then may want to listen to the podcast found here in this first link below

however the first 5 minutes of the podcast are concerning general housekeeping announcements from '18strong' the podcast originators so folks may want to skip that small part

interesting take in the podcast on what kind of golf shoes that may help folks both walk with a natural gait as well as be most efficient in helping provide the right conditions to make a golf swing motion - as well as a whole bunch of other interesting stuff .....

at around 5' 20" the interview starts with Max Prokopy who runs an area of study and 3d lab at UVA Speed/Gait Lab at the university of virginia

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/3/3/8/338...72001713&hwt=3b46a637262297c836eac39ccae1337a

this may interest some folks and won't interest others

uva speed lab also has a youtube page with vids about fitness, flexibility, injury prevention etc

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWdZC30eKyQAKf7Oos04F8A/videos

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting - thanks coach. I've played all summer in spikeless shoes and love the comfort and feel underfoot - sort of feels low profile so I can feel the ground under my feet and feels much more dynamic through the swing. Played in the rain last week so put on a pair of spikes and it felt awful - not just the comfort level but also how it made my swing feel. I've been looking and researching into whether I can wear spikeless through winter without compromising on stability.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting - thanks coach. I've played all summer in spikeless shoes and love the comfort and feel underfoot - sort of feels low profile so I can feel the ground under my feet and feels much more dynamic through the swing. Played in the rain last week so put on a pair of spikes and it felt awful - not just the comfort level but also how it made my swing feel. I've been looking and researching into whether I can wear spikeless through winter without compromising on stability.

yep Amanda some interesting stuff on how golf shoe design both heel height and less flex built into the soles could well have a negative effect on general tiredness through the 'walk' and energy spent 'fighting' a natural gait motion plus how many shoes designs may well have a tendency to emphasis any natural motion to the toes during the swing motion itself

plus also the section on intentions and focus of a swing and how important the focus on external, out towards target is
as an imperative of golf swing motion efficiency is producing the most 'efficient momentum through the ball' to produce both optimal ball speed plus face angle accuracy
rather than the intention to get clubhead to arrive at the ball