Interclub Matches and paying green fees

rikkitikk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sorry for this really stupid question but I have entered my name onto the clubs list for my first interclub matchplay comp at another club rather than just playing stableford and medal comps at my home club.

When I was initially discussing matchplay comps with another member at the club he mentioned that you don't have to pay a green fee for comps at away clubs. Now this was a few weeks ago and I can't remember if he said I did have to or I did not so I am wondering if anyone can confirm if they have had to pay green fees for interclub matches at other clubs.

Thank you :)

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you are representing your club you shouldn't have to pay green fees, I have played in both match and stroke play in the club team and not had to pay.

If you enter an open you will have to pay the entrance fee

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Courtesy of the course is (almost) always granted to visiting teams playing inter-club matches. I say almost, because very occasionally you will find a club whose course owner is possibly a local farmer (nothing against farmers) who doesn't see why visiting teams should play for free. They are few and far between and the home players normally pay the green fees for the visitors as they will play for free in the reverse fixture.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our inter-club matches (and those of the various men's sections) usually have some sort of meal afterwards which you are expected to stay for, and pay for.
Ranges from platter of sarnies to Jacket and tie dinner

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Every match I played (Social team only) I was asked to pay in the region of £10.00 towards food and golf. Not sure how normal that is as only played 3 matches but nobody seemed to complain

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Every match I played (Social team only) I was asked to pay in the region of £10.00 towards food and golf. Not sure how normal that is as only played 3 matches but nobody seemed to complain

The matches I played in last year were £11 'subs' presumably towards the cost of the golf and food, regardless of whether we were home or away.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
£15 for our CBL matches (Chiltern Breakfast League)..covers full English then sandwiches & chips afterward........we pay whether we play home or away.......

Fish

Banned
Visit site
We don't pay greens fee's in our away team matches but pay for the meals.

Most I've ever been asked for is £10.00 but on Saturday it was only £6.50.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Courtesy of the course is given for team matches at my place.

Playing for the friendly team, you pay for a meal afterwards (we don't charge the away team - home team covers it).

For the scratch team the club picks up the cost for the meal afterwards.

For the county knockout comps we don't give courtesy of the course although some other clubs do. The county rule is that where courtesy is not given the home and away player split the cost.

TXL

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
In all our matches, the golf is free but there is a difference in who pays for the food.
If it is a regular (most likely annual) match against another local club where you sign up to play, then you are expected to pay for the food. If however it is a club match (usually a knockout) where the team is selected by a team manager, then the social committee pay.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We have a number of interclub matches and these range from the Moray league to long standing cups against the likes of Royal Dornoch, Western Gailes, Nairn Dunbar, Gullen and Skibo Castle and all are free as are the meals after. Normally Jacket a tie affairs though;)

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

And me seems about the norm. :) this went to cover the cost of meals for both sides and an annual 'awards night' after the traditional end of season friendly 'A v B' match.
And worst losing pair got to collect subs!

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
At Westerham, the mens' team play in "friendly" interclub matches, rather than a league. I believe there is a difference in the payment method. League games, visiting club play free is my understanding. Friendlies, we pay around £12 (home or away), for breakfast, golf, sandwiches and chips, or bacon roll, golf and then 1 course meal.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Club matches are free to visiting clubs and we don't pay on away games. There is a match fee to cover the cost of the meal at home and a nominal fee for away games which goes towards club coffers (usually £5-10 away). We did offer reciprical in the Volvo, HDID etc but they've stopped it this year so we have to split the costs

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
we only pay for the cost of food in all our league matches (£10) but one local club refused to give free green fees for away teams in any comp. and wanted to charge 3/4 the cost,this was also the position for the county knock out singles if you were unlucky to be drawn there,they have not entered a team this year!!!!!!