Injured & Annoyed

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
10 days and counting since I last swung a club and the frustration is killing me.

Basically, about a week ago I was carrying bubs down the stairs, she tried to flip out of my hands like a salmon resulting in some severe twisting of my back followed by an ungraceful fall, my back taking the impact as I had to make sure that baby was on top as opposed to crushed.

As a result I have damaged the muscles & tendons in my back and rear/side of the ribcage, and also severely re-agravated an old neck injury (displaced vertebrae) so any attempt to rotate at all is agony.

Chiropractor has had a look, got another session today, he reckons that hopefully I can be back playing within another 10 days with intensive treatment, hot/cold applications and no over-straining.

Fingers crossed as I have the raving hump at present.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry to hear that mate.

Another GM member in the sick bay! I only have a few more weeks till im back, I have been driving H.I.D mad with all my practise chipping and putting around the house.

At least you got 2 good quality golf tournaments on at the moment to keep you occupied.

Hope your Cilla Black gets better soon.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Sorry to hear that Jon, I have had a pulled mussel on the right side of my rib cage and for the past 3 weeks and have been living on brufen and paracetamol as I can not face not playing my weekly round even though it aggrivates it each time I play.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ive woke up this morning with a sore back. It was fine last night. Dont know what I ve done in my sleep.

Im joining a new club Sunday so I hope its just a bit stiff and will ease off before Sunday.

Hope your treatment works and you get back out soon.

TWM

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Jon,
My problems started with a similar fall on the stairs. A few days later it turned into polymyalgia rheumatica and I was put on steroids. Now it appears I have a blood disorder, low platelet count, and getting endless blood tests.
The steroids fool me into thinking I am fit. I go on the golf course and play rubbish but at least I feel fit enough to try.
Going out on Monday for a visit to another course with some of my senior colleagues. Wish me luck and I hope you are hitting them far in the next few days.
Tom.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bluddy hell and there was me getting annoyed because my back 'hurt a bit' after my range session yesterday :eek:. Sorry to hear that though, I hope you can get back swinging as soon as possible.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Argh gutted man.

Few months ago I woke up with a stiff neck and felt like I had been cheated out of me days off!

Hope ya get well soon!