Injured and Gutted

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had the week off and played every day so far. Shot my best ever score (82 9 over par) on Friday. Previous best was an 84, 13 Over.

On about hole 15 I reached down to pick up my tee and sneezed, yeah sneezed, and it felt like someone had just stuck a knife in my back.

Played out the rest of the round and the swing felt ok. Was in a bit of pain Friday night but only with my right arm in certain positions.

I was due to play with a m8 on Saturday afternoon and he only gets yo play about once every 6 months and didn't want to let him down so I decided to play.

First 4-5 holes swing felt fine, occasional pain when I reached down to pickup the ball or a tee. After then although I couldn't feel much pain swinging something was definitely off. Started pulling everything. Back was getting tight on putts as well.

Normally I would have walked off after 9 but as this was my m8's only chance at a round for a while I didn't feel right doing it so soldiered on.

Ended up shooting 105 and in serious pain. Now regretting it.

I was supposed to play in one of the clubs majors this morning and have had to pull out. I'm also sitting in second place in the clubs order of merit and the first place guy wasn't down to play today, so had a chance to get to the top.

I think I'm going to have to rest it all week and see how it goes. I've got a singles match next Saturday against a good player that I need to be on top form for.

Might go up the range Thursday and hit a few balls and see how it feels.

Kinda wish I'd stopped at 9 yesterday but didn't want to let my m8 down as he'd been looking forward to the round for ages.

flixtonflyer2103

Medal Winner
Visit site
I feel your pain my friend i bruised my ribs on thursday at work work and have been in pain since. I went to get some practise in this morning as i have a doubles match on tuesday and just couldnt get though my swing properly 6i was slicing it most of the time. I hope you get better soon m8 maybe abit of rest can do some good :rolleyes:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I know how you feel. Hope it sorts itself out soon.
My left hand is still giving me trouble but it seems to be a little better.
Good luck

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Commendable indeed for not letting your mate down Westy.

Maybe a trip to an Osteopath for a bit of massage in the places only he knows where!
It happened to me once on a family society weekend and I had to give up on the 14th hole it was so bad.
Went to an Osteopath on the Monday and Wednesday and was able to play on the following Sunday. As the Osteopath said, "The action of golf swing, as long as not overdone, can be good for the back in a lot of cases".

Good luck and hope you are able to play at the weekend. :cool:

Golfmmad.

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys. I'm probably going to go see the physio at the gym I train at. She's pretty good, sorted out a few problems for me in the past.

I'll see if I can get in to see her Monday to give it a much time as I can before Saturdays match.

I just can't get over the fact it was caused by a sneeze. :D

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I know how you feel. Hope it sorts itself out soon.
My left hand is still giving me trouble but it seems to be a little better.
Good luck

Told you to stick with the right hand for a while.

Some people never listen :eek: :eek: :eek:

Fragger

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
When you consider that a sneeze can exit at 100+ mph , the forces involved within the body are huge and many muscle groups are involved.

Why is it virtually impossible to sneeze with your eyes open?? It's the body's natural way of stopping our eyeballs popping out! :D :D

Feel for you though Westy. It doesn't take a lot to tweak something in the back. Osteo or Physio will soon sort you out.