Improving with different Pro's

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is it possible to keep improving while seeing different Pro's..... Or is it a recipe for disaster.....
I love finding out all the ins and outs of my swing and knowing what happens when i do a certain movement that has a positive effect on the shot.....

Its also a buzz knowing that you have a fault that can be fixed with a little movement but have a huge effect....

I ask because as im improving im getting hungry to get better and better....
I had a friend of mine who is a Pro at a local course today have a look at my swing...I know him years through football but never got the chance to go and see him.... He watched me hit a few balls and had a lot of positive things to say.....

But the first thing he said will start alarm bells ringing here...He said i swing very similar to a Stack and Tilt pattern..(James will love this).. Not completely but i was a lot closer to it than any other swing.... He told me to make sure whatever Pro i use that they dont try and get me moving off the ball....... With the way i swing he said im pretty centred and stacked over the ball and with the changes that i had made over the winter i had shallowed myself a lot from what it was but it was still ever so slightly steep....
As i was coming from the inside he said that it was my impact position that i needed to fix and once i had this mastered then i would see huge rewards as i had a lot of power in my swing but i wasnt using it to the full....
My hips were not open enough at impact...They were still square to the ball....

He explained the New Ball Flight Laws to me and how he would have me hitting draws with an open clubface using more body action than the handsy swing i have at the moment.....

Impact for me was always an issue ever since i got Bob to look at my first ever swing....

He also asked me did i understand my swing..To which i replied not fully but i knew i had a lot of decent movements....He pointed out all the positives to me and also what i needed to do to make it really effective....

So im wondering now should i give him a chance...It cant hurt surely..... As he is a Mate it would make things a little more personal i suppose....
To be honest i wouldnt care what way i swung as long as i had a repeatable consistent ball flight....

I dont think he is a teacher of just one swing style.... He works with the positives he sees in a student and goes from there.

Has anyone seen improvement with different Pro's from the ones that the first went to?

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think its better to stick with one pro BUT it may take multiple visits to a few different ones to find the right one.

Start off seeing a few then end up with 1.

2 out of the 3 who have taught me I have really liked but all have improved my game, some more short term, others more long term.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think its better to stick with one pro BUT it may take multiple visits to a few different ones to find the right one.

Start off seeing a few then end up with 1.

2 out of the 3 who have taught me I have really liked but all have improved my game, some more short term, others more long term.

Did any of them try change something that the other Did SB?

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site

I had a new one for each of my golfing years, kept moving around lol.

They pretty much all taught the same things really, just in different styles. I like the way my current guy coaches, more long term rather than quick fix.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

That's going to be the 'problem'!

If one of them tells you to do a certain thing, then the other tells you to not to do that, you have to decide which on to go with.

Until that happens, then I wouldn't see a problem using more than 1.

Can't see too much S&T in the DTL swing though. Maybe it looks more like it in a Caddie View.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's going to be the 'problem'!

If one of them tells you to do a certain thing, then the other tells you to not to do that, you have to decide which on to go with.

Until that happens, then I wouldn't see a problem using more than 1.

Can't see too much S&T in the DTL swing though. Maybe it looks more like it in a Caddie View.

This might give you a better idea Foxy.

[video=youtube;je1Du77m95c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je1Du77m95c[/video]

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep. Sure does.

I hope the swing on the left as the 'after' btw.

:lol: Ya.... Swing on the right is last November..... The swing on the left is after the lessons in march........ I'm probably swinging a little better than the left one on a good day now also.....

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
The swing on the left is a LOT better than the one on the right, I think we said that when you posted it in the expert section previously.

Your new mate sounds alright, I couldn't care less if you're stack and tilt or not, I don't think he would detract from the same things your current pro would like you to be working on.

This is from your 'new' swing..... and it's something I'd consider fixing before you hit even ONE more ball....

You....

kid2.gif

Professional golfers.....

postu.gif

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
So, lets get this right James. You're saying that all pro golfers have a red stick jammed up their backsides at address? :whistle:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
And just for you (because you try so hard at this game....) I made this one too.....

kid3gif.gif

James,

Remember that he said tht ws from March

Here's te OP from an August 16 update

Well its been a while since i had my swing torn to shreds on here....But i managed to get a few mins last night of a 7 iron at the range with my phone..... Quality aint the best and one is darker than the other but the flight was a very slight draw right over the 150 marker.......

I think ill always be flatish as i find it very awkward to get the club above my shoulders but iv made it my own and its working....So far so Good :lol:......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNAwj3fSXyc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O36FyeinH0s

Alllowing a small amount for the camera angle, this looks a lot better - at 33 secs on the first vid. Balance may still be a shade on the toes, but some of those pics of Pros (Ernie for example) show a 4th style too - a 'bum behind cantre, legs quite bent' one.

Last edited:

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
The swing on the left is a LOT better than the one on the right, I think we said that when you posted it in the expert section previously.

Your new mate sounds alright, I couldn't care less if you're stack and tilt or not, I don't think he would detract from the same things your current pro would like you to be working on.

This is from your 'new' swing..... and it's something I'd consider fixing before you hit even ONE more ball....

You....

kid2.gif

Professional golfers.....

postu.gif

I stand more along the lines of Goosen above now James.... I widened my stance a bit more as well as bent the knees since those first swings.... I'm learning more about the way I swing every week.... Especially how posture can effect things.... Ill try and get a decent video tomorrow night at the driving range...

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
A few 7 irons from tonight.....

[video=youtube;RKgxKkPwImU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKgxKkPwImU&feature=c4-overview&list=UUzRr8uz3CMJNmJMzVM5xLzw[/video]

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I saw a couple of pros before finding Paul and have never looked back since then. I've more than met my original goals and can see huge scope for improvement still - with him firmly at the helm. He knows my swing inside out (excuse the pun!) and also has a clear plan for my development. Now that can be delayed from time to time as I develop a flaw/kink that needs fixing but overall the progress is in the right direction.

From your previous posts it seemed your current pro was providing you with similar development and improvement so not sure why you'd want to change. If you have lost faith though and think someone else can do better then go see him.

BoadieBroadus

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
yes i had definitely stagnated with my first pro, and to be honest my handicap had really gone no where. changed pro's. first thing he did was change my home made grip, which really helped me swing it on plane and bingo - took 10 shots of the handicap in about a year.