IgMember App

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Anyones club use this?

Is it just our club that makes an absolute mess of using it or is it a bit pants?

Biggest problem is when a comp goes live and each time slot allows 3 members … say only 1 member enters it blocks/reserves the other 2 spaces in that slot for a period of time which appears to be ages and random.

Leaderboard function works decent for single comps but double and team comps doesn’t seem to have one

I can book 3 people into a singles comp and it takes the entrance fee from each of the 3 accounts … yet enter a team comp and the full fee comes straight out of the account who enters the team

Just want to get an idea if it’s poorly configured or just a bit pap

D

Deleted member 15344

That’s all the standard working of the IG app

Leaderboards are all down to the settings on the backend

They can also change the settings to remove the blockings a bit quicker

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The reason there is a delay ( pending) is the system holds the spaces for the booking member to add his pps.
until the booking member clicks on finish the pending can be up to 15 mins on ours.
So it’s not the system it’s your slow members ;)

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
The reason there is a delay ( pending) is the system holds the spaces for the booking member to add his pps.
until the booking member clicks on finish the pending can be up to 15 mins on ours.
So it’s not the system it’s your slow members ;)

Nope think it’s configuration even once the members are booked in if there’s a slot left over it’ll be reserved/blocked

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
I suspect, like most criticisms regarding the various golfing software packages, an element of the ‘fault’ lies in how the golf club has set up and configured the settings. It isn’t usually a ‘one size fits all’.
We use IG, and the App, with very few problems.
yeah I had a feeling it would be down to the club

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
You can book 3 people into a comp? We can only book our own entry.
Are your comps not drawn?

I don’t get me started on the fiasco that has been our drawn comps

Trophy comps are all drawn … monthly medals and mid weekers aren’t

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We use IG but you can only enter a comp yourself. Plus it's not linked to tee times because of course our club made it so you can't book tee times at the weekend anyway. When we could book tee times it seemed to work fine though - it was still separate from comp entry.

sunshine

Visit site
We use IG without any of the issues you raised, so it is likely down to how it has been configured for your club

RichA

Visit site
Does this mean last year you all had to pay extra for the app? Sounds very tight! What country are you based in?
I'm in the UK. IGMember is free to use through a browser but the app is £1.99 a year to subscribe and get full usability.
Having said that, our club only has it set up for tee time booking. Competitions are all drawn this year and results just go out on the WhatsApp group

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm in the UK. IGMember is free to use through a browser but the app is £1.99 a year to subscribe and get full usability.
Having said that, our club only has it set up for tee time booking. Competitions are all drawn this year and results just go out on the WhatsApp group

What does full usability bring?
We can book times, enter comps, submit a general play score, see other members hcps, message the comp sec, message any member through the app, receive updates from the club. All of that without paying for the app on my phone.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We can book times, enter comps, submit a general play score, see other members hcps, message the comp sec, message any member through the app, receive updates from the club. All of that without paying for the app on my phone.
Snap. Didn't pay a penny downloading the IG app and find it really good and easy to use.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Does this mean last year you all had to pay extra for the app? Sounds very tight! What country are you based in?
Paid the £1.99 myself last year but this is first year the club are paying so they have asked everyone to cancel their auto renewal of the subscription. Not sure what extra you get paying for the app but as well as what KenL mentioned can also top up bar card and order food via app.

RichA

Visit site
Mostly it just means the convenience of the app, rather than using a browser. I've had to pay the sub since I've been using it. It's been a couple of years, but I don't think there was a free option.
I'm getting the impression that what you get entirely depends on how your club have it set up.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Taking the fees is normal for IG.

I do not use the app for tee booking but I can book in all players in a 4 player slot and once I start booking the others slots are held as pending for the next ten minutes or until I press finished.

I tend to use the PSI screen in the club for leaderboard , which isstill IG based, and there are no problems. Others I know that use the app have not mentioned problems with seeing it.

For full functionality I tend to use our own website on the phone rather than the app anyway.