If you could live out your days anywhere...

RichA

Visit site
...where would it be?

It embarrasses me how well travelled I'm not. I've been on the planet over half a century and only left the UK a handful of times - just twice in the last 25 years.
I don't have any kind of a wanderlust, but I've been thinking about places that I might like to visit with a view to permanent residence when I retire in a few years.
I've never been to America but British Columbia, California and Florida fascinate me. Likewise the Pacific islands.

To give me something to research in my downtime and ignoring considerations like seeing family, what one place on Earth would you be happy to spend the rest of your life?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Anywhere that gets me living closer to my children. They both live over 400 miles away, and I'd love to see them on a regular basis. No grandchildren yet, but that will be the next heartstring plucker.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Much as I admire parts of Dorset, I am less and less tolerant of winter.
Somewhere warm, with coarse fishing and golf.
And English......I'm terrible at languages- always have been?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My last passport expired (unused) in about 2008. last time I went abroad was 1987 so it would be nowhere out of this country

Probably happy to die where I live, it is why I moved here in the first place and that was 37 years ago.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Like BIM, Canada in the summer, probably Vancouver side but I also like the east coast.liked Bermuda but it did rain a fair bit

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have no wanderlust. All I want once HID and I get to retirement is to find somewhere nice to live (the only relatives/sibling we'd have would be my sister in law and she's been in San Diego for decades so don't have to be near anyone). We both like Salisbury which starts favourite although the west country is starting to appeal. A nice house with a decent garden for HID to potter in, close to some shops, and perhaps a decent pub and a golf course nearby would be all we need. Keep it simple and simply enjoy the time together