i10's and putter q

macca64

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
how much could i reasonably ask for a set of i10's,and is there a putter out there that can really help your game?

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
how much could i reasonably ask for a set of i10's,and is there a putter out there that can really help your game?

Macca....Iv had the i10's.....Played with them for a season until i got reacquainted with my Wilsons....

I would imagine that they'd be worth at least maybe £150 if they are in good nick.....

As for the putter that is the million dollar question.....You cant really go wrong with a 2 ball......

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
thanks,been thinking about a 2 ball.
I have one for the past 12 months or so and in fairness they are pretty foolproof to line up....Distance control can get sketcy for a while until you get used to in and from the transition from winter golf on soft greens to so called summer golf:rolleyes: on drier greens....

The insert that you get makes a difference....
Another one that is good and that you'd get pretty cheap too would be a Taylormade Itsy Bitsy Spider....

They would be my 2 best mallet putter picks....

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I looked at some G15/TFC the other week. £299

i.i.r.c. there were some i10s in steel next to them on the used rack.

£225. v.g.c.

Any use?

As for putters, high moi mallet is about the best thing, as long as you can bear to look at it. :)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Check out Ebay completed listings for likely prices.

Yes, there's a putter that will help your game. It's just a case of finding which one it is!

I'd advise trying out a few at places like American Golf to see which style suits you - Blade, Anser, Mallet, and then there's the Centre Shafted vs Heel Shafted query - and optimum length! Generally though, the one that feels right is right.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
depending on the set average is around £200+, I was looking at i10's myself on the bay and apart from the odd set that went around £185 the majority are around the £225 mark

Putter - 2 ball belly :D

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Putter - 2 ball belly :D

Noooooooo. Head down to ag or dg and they might have 1 belly putter which has been collecting dust for several months because it MASSIVELY overpriced. Ag have a good range of putters to try, the questions being milled or insert, blade or mallet, standard grip or 2 thumb. Try as many as you can at the same time which rules out belly putters. They're cheating anyway

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
haha, I had one and sold it, great close range but crap for long putts for me. I am now anti long putters so was a tongue in cheek recommendation :)

2 balls are popular as is the no7 (same as Luke D's), only way to find what suits you is to try some out.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Buying a new putter WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR STROKE
If you flick your wrists and sway all over the place, you will never be a good putter even with the best putter in the world (if there was such a thing(and there isn't))

Apologies if you're a good putter ;)

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I tried the no7 and 2 ball but got on better with the sabretooth.

I have a yes sandy which I'm still trying to get to grips with but think I may be settling back to my connemara

Everyone to their own so go out and try plenty. Buying on a whim rarely works

A

Alex1975

Did you know if you took every Two Ball that Callaway ever made end on end it would reach all the way across America.

I know, need to get out more....