I must be daft

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all
Hubby and I have just signed up to do a skydive for charity, we have never done anything like this before (we scuba dive but thats in the opposite direction, so doesn't count :)) and are really looking forward to it but were wondering if anyone has done this and if so what is it like, what can we expect (other than a new shade of pants :eek:). Or or we just plain crazy
barb :D

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
glad your doing it for charity, best of luck with raising funds. My dad did it and said he loved it...I take it your doing a Tandem sky dive? Have you passed the required medical tests? I know quite a few people who raise stacks of money to get there on the day and be told that their blood pressure was too high or something else.

When is the dive planned for? Best of luck with it.

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
did a partnered jump(probably what you are doing) for my birthday two years ago,i've got to say it's one of the best things i've ever done in my life.when sat waiting to jump you are actually outside the the plane as the person you're strapped to is sat on the edge,the adrenaline rush is unbeatable i think,i would love to do it again.after the freefall it's a breeze and you really need the breather.

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
The dive is planned for July and it is a tandem dive, we are both very lucky health wise, hubby has decided to lose alittle more weight (he's quite close to the max limit for a skydive) but BP for both of us is spot on :D so fingers crossed.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Barb, I did scuba diving for 6 years and prefer BELOW SEA LEVEL. I don't know why anyone would jump out a perfectly good aircraft. If you are doing it for a recognised charity please post the web site so I can sponsor you.

Andy

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys
We are doing the sky dive for Leonard Cheshire Disability and once I have set up the just giving web page for sponsorship I will let you know,
Thanks again guys, you are THE GREATEST :) :)
Barb

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi Guys
I have now done (very basic) my just giving web page for sponsorship, the date for the skydive is now going to be 6th September (just had confirmation) at Skydive Weston, Weston on the green, Oxon.
We are also going to get a video of our descent so will put it on youtube so you can all see. :cool:

http://www.justgiving.com/jayandbarbarasullivan

The pic on the page is of our Great dane, Scooby, who sadly is no longer with us. :(

Cheers Guys and here goes :)

B

birdieman

Barb,
great thing to do, did it once back in 1995 in Queensland, Oz, tandem from 14000 feet and landed on the beach. The nervy part is the slow climb in the tiny airplane as the earth disappears beneath you. :p
I'm a big coward at heart but I found the skydive exhilarating and not a bit scary - really enjoyed it, was on a bit of a high for about 3 days after. Probably the most excitement you'll ever have.
The best bit is you dont go about thinking "I wonder what it's like to jump out of a plane", once I did it that was it, all questions answered and I don't have any desire to do it again, happy with the one effort.
You will enjoy it and you will feel so alive. :D

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Donation has been made for you.

This is yet another reason why this forum is the greatest :D

Thanks Jon :)
Thats very generous of you, if at any time I can return the gesture please let me know.
Thanks again
Barb

If you are in my area at any time let me know and we could set up a game, that goes to all members.
Cheers Jon :)

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
The very best to you barb, don't forget to post the mid-air pictures.

My daughter did this when she got to NZ in the area where Lord of the Rings was filmed. I think it does something to the mind as she then went on to bungee jumping off the bridge where it all started, a big canyon swing, white water rafting, caving (and she's a bit claustrophobic) then got her dive qualification on the Reef at Cairns.

My chance came (and went) in Germany when we were temporarily based with the US Special Forces. They offered to jump qualify a bunch of us in one week (straight onto square chutes, out of helicopters and including a night jump). All fell apart when one of our aircrewmen whinged to the boss that the BPA (British Parachute Association) wouldn't recognize the qualification - as if we cared.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well done barb, I will donate some money later, first got to cross the picket line and go into College.

Did a bungee jump a few years back and that was exciting, you a very brave doing it out of a plane!

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Cheers guys
Bungee jumping, I think I'll give that a miss
But I'm really looking forward to it, If we manage to get some mid air photos I'll post on but we have requested a dvd of our decesnt.
Again Cheers all
Barb :)