I like a good western

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
as per the title I love a western ,John Wayne was the cowboy to beat all but who was the best cowboy ,was it Clint in the spaghetti jobs or James Stewart in his westerns .
over to you .tell us your favourite western hero .

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Any of the magnificent seven. My dad's favourite film and one he got me into. Carried his coffin out of church to the theme tune so does make me blubb a bit niw

Nice touch, and different.

I have to say, as much as I have a fondness for the original, I do like the re-make with Denzil Washington & Chris Pratt.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
James Stewart is my favourite. A class act

I love all westerns, brilliant genre.

Burt Lancaster did a few, I love him in everything and I think he suits them perfectly. Randolph Scott was another who suited them so well.

The Magnificent 7 theme is my ringtone. Makes me smile every time and if i am in a busy room I always know if it is my phone ringing :D.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
John Wayne stuff is good but the Clint Eastwood man with no name trilogy is probably my favourite. I like both the new and old Magnificent Seven films, and also the El Dorado/Rio Bravo (which are basically the same films, re-written).

James Stewart is just a great actor in pretty much everything he did. Seems to come so easy to him.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Carry on Cowboy! ;)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Does Dances with Wolves count? - excellent - great soundtrack too.

I too love the old 1940s and 1950s westerns. Gary Cooper, Randolph Scott, John Wayne, James Stewart, Glenn Ford, Alan Ladd, Robert Ryan - stars one and all.

Talking Pictures TV and TCM are veritable treasure troves - TPTV is brilliant if you love your B&W classics - and some bonkers B-movies

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I'll go with Clint. The spaghetti westerns were great, but so was the big budget studio film, Unforgiven.
John Wayne was basically from an era of stage acting on film. People emoted as if for a live audience rather than acting naturally for the camera as they're trained to do now..

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
All these westerns have one thing in common and that is the support cast .the likes of Strother Martin, Jack Elam ,Walter Brennan Slim Pickens and many more help to create the movies so it's a big up for all of those guys who were never going to be the headline act but we're always there to give a headline performance

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
El Dorado for a good old fashioned western.

Fist full of Dollars for Clint at is best.

Blazing Saddles for humour.

And one that was almost good but quirky, Cowboys and Aliens.