I actually played today !

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Last night there was just a slight dusting of snow around here after about half an inch yesterday afternoon. I took my carry bag with the intention of playing if I could but expacting to just hit some balls on the range. The greenstaff were clearing the car park when i arrive at 8, but the course was open but on temps. None of my playing partners turned up, so I went out at 8.30 with just a little snow on the course. There was just one light flurry when I was on the seventh and some black clouds about but generally the sun was out and it was pleasant. i had the course to myself and ended up just 2 over handicap. it is almost like playing a links course with all the chip and runs you have to play. Lets hope there is not too much snow before Monday and I can do it again.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
That is where most of us will be today. Im tempted to go and look at the course but here in Hampshire the snow is about 2 inches deep and more is expected

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
No snow but too frozen to play to day. Minus 8 when I got up this morning so decided to give it a miss.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Played my 1st game for getting on for 2 months after a operation and was pleasantly suprised

Finished 2nd in the medal and hit the ball great.

Downside was struggling to get a tee in the ground,the ball bouncing like a powerball and the fact it was nothing like real golf but at least I am back swinging again.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played last weekend although a bit water logged. I was due to play in fourball this weekend that was cancelled when snow started, it snows again! Jinxed, light dusting, temp greens tee time 0852, i arrive at 0830 no one turns up, go home at 0910 after spending £5.99 on some orange ad333's! Finally get hold of partners who think course was closed!

David_L

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looks like you got in before we got dumped on then. Coming back from Lye (just) it was -9 after yesterday's 6" of snow. A while before see some green (even artificial). :(

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Looks like you got in before we got dumped on then. Coming back from Lye (just) it was -9 after yesterday's 6" of snow. A while before see some green (even artificial). :(

I managed to play, have a drink in the bar and go shopping on the way home before we saw any snow. My hope for a game on Monday has been thwarted though. There is now dense fog outside. I'm glad I'm not at work until Tuesday night.

Adi2Dassler

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played The Glen in North Berwick on Saturday morning, rather chilly at -2, but not a drop of snow in sight.Course was in terrific nick, greens rock solid hard but in great condition and very true.

Membership there is £450 with no joining fee, I think that it might be the best value membership I've heard of, anyone beat that?

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Played The Glen in North Berwick on Saturday morning, rather chilly at -2, but not a drop of snow in sight.Course was in terrific nick, greens rock solid hard but in great condition and very true.

Membership there is £450 with no joining fee, I think that it might be the best value membership I've heard of, anyone beat that?

I raise you £440 no joining fee at my gaff which is far superior to the Glen.

Adi2Dassler

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I raise you £440 no joining fee at my gaff which is far superior to the Glen.

Where you a member?