Hybrid woes

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I loved hybrids when they came out,but recently just can't get on with them at all,does anyone else have this problem?
Thinking of dropping the hybrid and putting in a 5 wood,anyone recommend a low profile 5 wood or and easy to hit 3hyborid as long par 4's and par 5's are killing my score

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Most Ping fairways are quite low profile so should sort you out.
I put a 5 wood and a 7 wood back in the bag recently.
Always had a gap between 3w and my 20* hybrid and the 5w filled that.
The 7w has replaced the hybrid as I just find it so much easier to use.
I can really force it and get a high flight with a really soft landing or a lower runner as well as the normal fairway shot...

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think that may be the way to go,tbh the 2h goes around the same as my 4i,how forgiving is the mp ti?

It has a smallish head supposedly to enable better players to shape the ball but I still find it quite forgiving, unless it's right off the toe or heel.

To give you some idea it is about 8 cm across the middle of the face and about 3cm deep. The shaft is a Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki 74 MTS, it's a 'made for' shaft.

Nashy

Head Pro
Visit site
I binned my hybrids off this year, I found them inconsistent and just couldn't trust them. I have a put a Mizuno Fli-Hi 3iron and my 4 iron back in the bag. I have always carried a 5wood and cannot see me dropping this any time soon.

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've always struggled with hybrids but then I've never really gone and tried a load to find one I hit well

I got a TM R580 5 wood yesterday for £10 gonna pop than in for a while

May still get a 20/22/23 hybrid to bridge the gap between the 5W and 5 iron, as like you I didn't really have anything between my 3 wood and 4/5 iron before

GasMan

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ping G15s are nice and low profile. Also silly cheap on clubhouse golf or elsewhere if they still have your spec left. Got mine for £89 each. What are your distances with the top end of your bag clubs? Your gaps really dictate what's worth carrying. Personally it's driver, 3w, 5w, 3h (20deg) then 4i down. We have a couple of 200 yard plus par 3s and some 440 yard plus par 4s with trouble at 250 yards off the tee ie bang on 3w run out distance in the summer. This dictates my bag choice not just what I'm "comfortable" with. Have you tried a playing lesson with your pro to address these weaknesses and asking their advice on your bag makeup as part if the lesson feedback? Be the same or cheaper than buying new clubs.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well after trying a bunch of 5 woods out I settled on the RBZ stage 2,but decided to give the hybrid a whack as well,30 mins later and the one for me after deciding that the majority of shots would be off the deck was the hybrid? Go figure as the yanks say. Honestly can't recall hitting a bad shot with it,and it was easier out of fluffyish lies.
Also pulled the trigger on a vr pro ii driver,great driver for a great price,tried against the answer and it was longer and straighter,higher loft but more penetrating flight.