Hybrid clubs

HappyGilmore

Visit site
Hi

first time poster so sorry if this is not in the correct place

I seem to be having problems with my hybrid clubs (4h-3h)

As a new player I use my 3 iron a lot to tee off with and when I am on the fairway and more than 200 yards from the green, My 3 iron shots are very very good, Straight and a good distance, The problem is when I try to use the Hybrids in my set, Every shot without question slices wickedly no matter what I do

What am I doing wrong? Why are my 3 iron shots great but the Hybrid ones so wayward?

This is the set I have

http://www.americangolf.co.uk/Wilson/Wilson-Ultra-Blk-DrFWHy5-SWPtr/231011,en_GB,pd.html

Thanks for any advice

HappyGilmore

Visit site
Simple answer...rather than spend cash on a club, get lessons and get the basics right first. From there you can build a game and your gear around a more consistent game

I have had lessons, I think its around 4-5 at the min

Have the basics down to a point

The only clubs I struggle with are the hybrids and driver

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Perhaps you're being tempted to swing harder and faster with the longer clubs - so putting more side spin on the ball?

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
As above, continue with practise and lessons, and concentrate on a good set up, ensuring all your fundamentals are correct prior to starting your back swing.

Most often it will be down to either ball position or body position.

Good look with progress

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If you are fairly new to the game, and hitting a 3 iron very well, then why bother with the hybrids for now?

WHy not use your practice time instead to work on other parts of your game and then come back to the hybrids when your driving/putting/chipping has moved forwards.

You don't have to be able to hit every club in the bag to score well. Just need to know which ones work and which ones don't. You'll always need a short game and a means of getting off the tee though.