hunched shoulders/dipped head due to wearing specs... help

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had a video lesson last year and straight away noticed how hunched my shoulders got. the pro had me standing taller and raising my chin slightly. The problem is I wear gegs and always end up looking down so the ball is in my lens FOV.

I forgot about this until I saw the vid from yesterday that RickG took and see I am still doing it. Apart from getting some Dennis Taylor specs does anyone know any tips/drills for posture/head at address that I might be able to adopt.

I may have to put some contacts in and see if it helps

thanks in advance

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
nah its definitely the case, when I do what he told me (I have all my old lessons written down with pointers etc) I am looking under the lense so to speak and end up dipping my head, it may just be a bad habit specific to me but its one I need to kick.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wear contacts but last year got an eye infection and never noticed a difference in my specs - although I expected to.

You need to somehow find neutral in your neck I guess. I used to tuck my chin in too much so actually imagined I was looking OVER the top of specs at the ball.

daymond

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Mmmm. Interesting. I will check this next time I play (weeks if this weather continues).
On the same subject. Do the optics have any effect when judging the line at address? A question for the 'experts'

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a suspicion it does affect certain things. I am very long sighted and my eyes are +6 and +6.5!! I cant play darts or snooker/pool with my gegs on as it messes up my judgement by a lot. I also bump into things outside my peripheral vision of the lenses due to their uber Mr Magoo 4million X magnification so where something is infront of me in my glasses its actually further away

might aswell just admit I am blind as a bat and go with what I got

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had a video lesson last year and straight away noticed how hunched my shoulders got. the pro had me standing taller and raising my chin slightly. The problem is I wear gegs and always end up looking down so the ball is in my lens FOV.

I forgot about this until I saw the vid from yesterday that RickG took and see I am still doing it. Apart from getting some Dennis Taylor specs does anyone know any tips/drills for posture/head at address that I might be able to adopt.

I may have to put some contacts in and see if it helps

thanks in advance

I'd go fishing with Smiffy.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
haha, cheers rosecott.

I have contacts already but only dailies, struggle with dry eyes with them so tend not to bother. will give them a try 1st and see if it helps.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
haha, cheers rosecott.

I have contacts already but only dailies, struggle with dry eyes with them so tend not to bother. will give them a try 1st and see if it helps.

As far as I know, there are different grades of contact lenses one of which might suit you. I used to have a dry eye problem with monthly disposables but, since switching to dailies with higher oxygen permeability I have had no problem, but, remember, whatever kind of lens you use, high alcohol intake dries your eyes.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
You are supposed to look at the ball, not have your chin up and peer out the bottom of your eye sockets!. Having your chin up will force your shoulders to turn on too flat of a plane.

You could do with having the knees a little less flexed (making you an inch taller) then having slightly more bend at the waist (making you an inch shorter) :D

Shall we just say... just a fraction more athletic :p

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
James, get up here and sort me out!

I was striping em pretty well with Mr G yesterday. the 3w HL RBZ stage2 is a monster :p (better than the RBZ you tried of hobbits)

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
For the sake of an 'old time swing' as an example...

Does Faldo look like he had his chin up and peeping out the bottom of his sockets?

Faldo-posture.jpg

You're listening to far too much gumpf mate.

you don't have enough spine tilt as it is... you'll be standing practically straight up if you lift your chin :lol: